ESG LAST SHOW IN CHICAGO!!

eliseelise 3,252 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/45502-esg-say-goodbye This friday at Chicago Abbey Pub.I'll be there...who's going?!Last show. Last freaking show. And it's in Chicago. I feel fucking lucky.

Comments

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    ?????

wow.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    If I were in Chicago...I'd go. But I'm not in Chicago. I'm in Los Angeles. And they did play here - and it was a lot of fun.
    Must be nice in Chicago too - sure you don't have to deal with nearly as many assymetrical haircuts as we did -- show I saw was in Silverlake. yikes.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Must be nice in Chicago too - sure you don't have to deal with nearly as many assymetrical haircuts as we did
    haha, u think so?? at ESTROJAM??

• why would the last show be in chicago? there really isn't any NY pride anymore is there?

• If I were in Chicago...I'd go. But I'm not in Chicago. I'm in Los Angeles. And they did play here - and it was a lot of fun.
    Must be nice in Chicago too - sure you don't have to deal with nearly as many assymetrical haircuts as we did -- show I saw was in Silverlake. yikes.

You must have seen them at Spaceland. The hipster hotspot. Some great bands play there though, if you can look beyond the pretentious attitudes that abound

• damn..sounds like that will be great.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    why would the last show be in chicago? there really isn't any NY pride anymore is there?

yeah that I didn't get either. I would think Brooklyn, of course.

Any strutters planning on being thurr?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    why would the last show be in chicago? there really isn't any NY pride anymore is there?

• why would the last show be in chicago? there really isn't any NY pride anymore is there?

• I'm still undecided on this show...already have a lot going on over the weekend, but it should be a good one, but I don't believe it will be their last.

• Whether its their last or not I would recommend everybody to go. I saw them around a year ago and the show was wild!

Dress

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I'm still undecided on this show...already have a lot going on over the weekend, but it should be a good one, but I don't believe it will be their last.

See, thats what I've been thinking too. And I have a predicament:

So I can do either of these tomorrow:

Go see ESG:
    1.But I have class earlier, and I work the next day at 4 pm.
    2. I am going by myself, and may have to go Greyhound as the train doesn't work around me.
    3. This might be their last show.

OR

Have dinner with ?uestlove:
    1. I have seen him before and I enjoyed it every time.
    2. But this time I get to have dinner with him before the show.
    3.This isn't his last show.

Help me out. I really wish I could do both.

• Have dinner with ?uestlove:

don't you mean guestlove

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

don't you mean guestlove

haaha. ok. I see your point.

Of course ESG all the way, but what if they sell out??

c'mon girl, drop some wisdom on me.

• ESTROJAM! I honestly don't know if I can party that hard. Haha.

Naw, I'd definitely make it out to that but a close friend is having a birthday bash at a club where King Britt is playing.

Hopefully it ain't the last ESG show. I shrug my shoulders.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    If I were in Chicago...I'd go. But I'm not in Chicago. I'm in Los Angeles. And they did play here - and it was a lot of fun.

You must have seen them at Spaceland. The hipster hotspot. Some great bands play there though, if you can look beyond the pretentious attitudes that abound

aye....that's where it were. there are some decent shows there I guess -- but then again, you're talking to a guy who only goes to see Michael McDonald and Hall & Oates in concert.

• If I were in Chicago...I'd go. But I'm not in Chicago. I'm in Los Angeles. And they did play here - and it was a lot of fun.

aye....that's where it were. there are some decent shows there I guess -- but then again, you're talking to a guy who only goes to see Michael McDonald and Hall & Oates in concert.

I once drove more than an hour to see Kenny Loggins. Not quite on the level of Hall & Oates and not really even touching Michael McDonald, but Kenny still slayed "This Is It."

I once drove more than an hour to see Kenny Loggins. Not quite on the level of Hall & Oates and not really even touching Michael McDonald, but Kenny still slayed "This Is It."

But, did you get to eat dinner with him before the show?

And...

Was it his last show?

( )

• Have dinner with ?uestlove:

don't you mean guestlove

guestlove

honestly, i would make the effort to see ESG. i regret missing them here last time and my friend said they ruled. they might play again, but chances are it'll probably locally

tonight i'm doing work "homework" instead of going to see the Silver Apples play for like $12 at a really small venue.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

And...

Was it his last show?

( )

hush, sir, hush!!!

And...

Was it his last show?

( )

Alas, Kenny was probably holed up in his Holiday Inn hotel room sipping freshly squeezed pineapple juice.

Me and a buddy did eat at a rather corporate BBQ joint called Smoky Bones. A few beers, a few laughs, you know the deal.

And I don't think it was the last time Kenny sang "Pooh's Corner." Deep tune!

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

don't you mean guestlove

guestlove

honestly, i would make the effort to see ESG. i regret missing them here last time and my friend said they ruled. they might play again, but chances are it'll probably locally

tonight i'm doing work "homework" instead of going to see the Silver Apples play for like $12 at a really small venue.

good point. goooood point.

Damn. How did I miss that guestlove thread? HAHA!

Alright. Im going to ESG. Riskin it all. Sleep and shit, but so worth it.

Thanks e*ith h*ad for some words. I know it shouldn't be hard decision, but I think about shit too much sometimes.

Hopefully I will be posting pics this weekend!