A Question for Big Dudes (or Faux Rillz)

spencergroovnycespencergroovnyce 189 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
So on my last digging excavations I think I may have unearthed an "og" of the Afro-Psych-Funk Bomb "Afrique" by Soul Makossa. But as I slid the wax out from its near-mint condition sleeve I was horrorfied to see that a nasty crack ran from the outside edge to the middle of track 3 on both sides. On closer inspection it looks like it may have been stepped on by a woman in a stiletto heal, possibly on a deep pile carpet.My question is this: should Ia) keep the record knowing that I can only play the last 2 tracks on each sideb) make the record into a coaster and put the cover on my wall of heat wallc) make the record into a coaster and try to trade the sleeved) put the record back in the sleeve, crack first, and try to sell it for $8 to some hispter on the street.e) cut it down to a fully functional 8" record. And maybe keep the sleeve, maybe not

Comments

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Dude... even in that condition a highly sought after record like that could still fetch a high sum on ebay. I'd list it on ebay for $100 Buy It Now and see if you can get a quick sale out of it.

Or perhaps offer it up on The-Breaks for $100 before listing it on the bay.

Oh yes,

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    On closer inspection it looks like it may have been stepped on by a woman in a stiletto heal, possibly on a deep pile carpet.

ahhh. but what color were the they?! if i only knew i might be able to help you in your quest. i say that we either...

1 - put it in the digging hall of fame.
    2 - put it in the digging hall of fame with an * on the cover.
    3 - launch that bitch into outerspace ala marc ecko.

i'm no big dude, just a friend that wants to lend a hand.

• On closer inspection it looks like it may have been stepped on by a woman in a stiletto heal, possibly on a deep pile carpet.

ahhh. but what color were the they?!

Black I assume. or maybe Cape Verdean.

• Dude... even in that condition a highly sought after record like that could still fetch a high sum on ebay. I'd list it on ebay for $100 Buy It Now and see if you can get a quick sale out of it.

Or perhaps offer it up on The-Breaks for $100 before listing it on the bay.

Oh yes,

OK thanks, I will sit on it for a minute and way my options. Is that waht this pic is for?

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    yes, in this case you may interpret the axiom literally.

I would suggest a set sale on soulstrut but a lot of deep collectros on here already have that record, and everyone else here will have an MP3.

::digitial headz know the deel::

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Man, don't even bother asking these little dudes.

I asked for help coordinating my 'fit on Saturday and was met with deafening silence--as a result I am still here staring at the computer screen half-dressed four days later.

• Man, don't even bother asking these little dudes.

I asked for help coordinating my 'fit on Saturday and was met with deafening silence--as a result I am still here staring at the computer screen half-dressed four days later.

The 4 day

This record will become an EP. And I will stick an Aux Ecoutes label on it.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    ah shit, faux. i didn't see that thread. did fools really leave you hanging? were you trying to decide between cream and brown clarks or was it more of a "how big should the collar on my shirt be tonight" type stuff?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    ah shit, faux. i didn't see that thread. did fools really leave you hanging? were you trying to decide between cream and brown clarks or was it more of a "how big should the collar on my shirt be tonight" type stuff?

Just some very basic kicks/lid coordination issues.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    I'm sorry man. I didn't know your indecision was that paralyzing. That soy latte was absolutely delicious, if that's any consolation.