Yesterday was interesting...

DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
I was in North Carolina for a wedding this past weekend. Standard debauchery of course. I was supposed to leave on Sunday but my flight was cancelled. No big deal, I had 2 friends still staying at the hotel another night so I just met up with them. I had no bag cuz they were just gonna put it on my flight the next day so all I had was the clothes I was wearing.I meet up with my friends and we extend the party one more night. Their flight was earlier than mine so they took off and I stayed in the hotel room another couple of hours. When it's time for me to get going I realize that one of my idiot friends packed up my shirt... my only shirt!I make my way down to the lobby thinking they'd have a gift shop or something for me. Naturally they don't and aren't very helpful. So here I am, camo shorts and no shirt crusing downtown Charlotte at 9:00 AM looking for a store that sells shirts. I looked pretty haggard from 72 hours of drinking so that didn't help. Everyone and I mean everyone is in their suits heading to work just staring at me like a crazy person. I went to 5 different financial buildings and explained myself to 100 different security guards before I found a little gift shop. The best part was that I had to ride the elevator to get to the shops in the buildings. Imagine me with camo shorts and no shirt riding up the elevator full of people dressed in suits. It's a miracle I didn't get arrested or shot. People either thought I was a crackhead or Timothy McVeigh!Ah... good times had for all

Comments

• hilarious! glad that wasn't me, most gift shops don't eff with the XXXLT!!! glad to hear you got out unscathed aside from some embarrassment. good story.

• so what shirt did you get?

• so what shirt did you get?

A Charlotte North Carolina touristy t-shirt. Real classy

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    haha!
    thats like a bad dream, axcept youd be at school or work.
    i used to dream that i was at school and all i had were rollerskates (!!!) for shoes.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Hah that's great dude.

P.S. - Just moved down to SC, welcome anytime at our place by the beach.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Ha - that reminds me of the time, in the mid-80's, when
    I woke up after staying over at a party, and my sneakers
    had completely disappeared. Gone. I had to travel across
    town by bus and on foot in my socks to buy a new pair of
    sneakers. The soles of my socks were NASTY by the time I
    got to Mickey Finn's shoe outlet!