edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Anyone see that on CNN?

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    kind of a vague header and post, but I think you're talking about this

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/18/student.tasered.ap/index.html

am I right?

• Anyone see that on CNN?

The one that stood up and during the Q&A with Kerry and tasered for no reason?

• Anyone see that on CNN?

The one that stood up and during the Q&A with Kerry and tasered for no reason?

Indeed... horrible

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Are those even real cops?

• yea, there was no need to break out the tasers.

you have to admit that the video is DEFINITELY for the dude who got tasered though. i'm sure it hurts, but wow that guy sounds like a bitch.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Um, why was the dude tasered...They had like 4 guys on him.

• That dude was annoyingly paranoid but still i didn't see a reason for detaining him. As if he was gonna throw the book at kerry or something

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i'll kill a cop. no hesitation

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    FUCK THAT. The fuck is up with Campus police and their unnecessary use of tasers?

• CNN's site sucks... so sloowwwwwww

• CNN's site sucks... so sloowwwwwww

Yeah, i couldnt even get that clip to play. Here is another link..

http://video.nbc6.net/player/?id=157250

"uhhh.. anybody please follow us along and make sure they don't kill me"

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    FUCK THAT. The fuck is up with Campus police and their unnecessary use of tasers?

so they ARE just campus police...not real po-po's?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    After reading a bit into this. The dude seems a little crazy. Plus I'm thinking he was hoping this would happen.

I don't think he should have got his ass zapped tho.

http://www.theandrewmeyer.com/

• FUCK THAT. The fuck is up with Campus police and their unnecessary use of tasers?

so they ARE just campus police...not real po-po's?

At first I thought he was a douch bag.. but that does not give the Campus safety the right to use that type of force.. unbelievable.. FUCK THEM

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070918/ap_on_re_us/student_arrested_kerry_6

GAINESVILLE, Fla. - A University of Florida student with a history of taping his own practical jokes was Tasered by campus police and arrested after loudly and repeatedly trying to ask U.S. Sen. John Kerry questions during a campus forum.

Andrew Meyer, 21, spent a night in jail before his release from jail Tuesday morning on his own recognizance. He had no comment when he left. His attorney, Robert Griscti, did not return messages seeking comment.

Videos of the Monday night incident, posted on several Web sites and played repeatedly on television news, show officers pulling Meyer away from the microphone after he asks Kerry about impeaching President Bush and whether he and Bush were both members of the secret society Skull and Bones at Yale University.

University spokesman Steve Orlando said Meyer was asked to leave the microphone after his allotted time was up. Meyer can be seen refusing to walk away and getting upset that the microphone was cut off.

As two officers take Meyer by the arms, Kerry, D-Mass., can be heard saying, "That's all right, let me answer his question."

Audience members applaud, and Meyer struggles for several seconds as up to four officers try to remove him from the room. Meyer screams for help and tries to break away from officers with his arms flailing at them, then is forced to the ground and officers order him to stop resisting.

As Kerry tells the audience he will answer the student's "very important question," Meyer yells at the officers to release him, crying out, "Don't Tase me, bro," just before he is shocked by the Taser. He is then led from the room, screaming, "What did I do?"

Meyer was arrested on charges of resisting an officer and disturbing the peace, according to Alachua County jail records, but the State Attorney's Office had yet to make the formal charging decision. Police recommended charges of resisting arrest with violence, a felony, and disturbing the peace and interfering with school administrative functions, a misdemeanor.

University President J. Bernard Machen issued a statement Tuesday saying he requested the Florida Department of Law Enforcement to investigate the arrest. Officials said it would determine whether the officers used an appropriate level of force.

Machen said two officers involved in the incident were placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of the probe.

Meyer has his own Web site and it contains several "comedy" videos that he appears in. In one, he stands in a street with a sign that says "Harry Dies" after the latest Harry Potter book was released.[/b] In another, he acts like a drunk while trying to pick up a woman in a bar.

The site also has what is called a "disorganized diatribe" attributed to Meyer that criticizes the Iraq war, the news media for not covering the conflict enough and the American public for paying too much attention to celebrity news.

Oh shit.. That was him?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    i'll kill a cop. no hesitation

Can some please update this?

• Surely it's a pretty fucked day when someone can't ask some questions at a university? It's all an ugly scene straight out of a HST book. Was the guy a douche? Probably, but that's no reason to treat him so badly.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    "obey"

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    "obey"

Hilarious.

• DONT TASE ME BRO

• The guy is a total douche, but they were being unnecessarily forceful.

..on the other hand I would have no hesitation tazing someone who called me "bro" and wasn't a Maori