Who here is into deciphering Mayan Codices?

iron_monkeyiron_monkey 985 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Popol Vuh, 7 Macaws, all that shit.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

I can't decode any codices or glyphs but the the famed sarcophagus lid of Lord Pacal of Palenque does sort of look like a rocket, showing a tube to his nose and hands on what look like controls.

The Mayan Factor: Path Beyond Technology by Jose Arguelles is an interesting read.

• I fucks with these.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

Maybe it is just an elaborate way of picking his nose. We'll never know...

• I can't decode any codices or glyphs but the the famed sarcophagus lid of Lord Pacal of Palenque does sort of look like a rocket, showing a tube to his nose and hands on what look like controls.

The Mayan Factor: Path Beyond Technology by Jose Arguelles is an interesting read.

i took a college course years ago over the summer where we traveled to Chiapas, toured Palenque (what the spaniards called it, not the maya) w/ the head archaelogist, stayed w the Lacondon in the jungle, etc etc....what amazed me most on the tour was the fact that only a fraction of the site has been excavated...if you journey beyond the actual site into the jungle (beware the fir-de-lance) you can see where more structures remain below the surface....palenque became a personal mecca for me after that visit....

on the Arguelles

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• The Mayan Factor: Path Beyond Technology by Jose Arguelles is an interesting read.

carpetbaggeur. try all you want but you'll never be latino.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

carpetbaggeur. try all you want but you'll never be latino.

wtf?

Just because you are a career wannabe doesn't mean that you can apply your knee-jerk worldview elsewhere.

Plus, wouldn't Mayans be pre-Latino?

• PLEASE! TYPICAL REVISIONIST BULLSHIT. I AM CLOSER TO THE SOURCE NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY. YOU WANNA JOUST HOLMES? LET'S DO THIS. PREPARE TO BE BRANDED.

YOUR THOUGHTS ON WHAT "LATINO" MEANS IS A TESTAMENT TO YOUR WHITE WAYS. I CAN WALK AROUND ALL DAY WITH THE PRIDE THAT I AM THE AUTENTIC ARTICLE, I SIMPLY HAVE TO WAKE UP FROM MY DREAMS THAT ARE FILLED WITH 1,000 MAYAN VIRGINS WILLING TO DO MY BIDDING, WHILE YOU CAN DO EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING AND SIMPLY NOT EVER KNOW "QUE ESTA PASANDO"!!!!

EXCELSIOR.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

There are actually hints in this one that says Tupac is still alive.

• There are actually hints in this one that says Tupac is still alive.

if you look close you can also see that KRS was there.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

That is why knowledge reigns supreme baby.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Quality.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

hahaha! hilarious.

At the restaurant I work at, there are bunch of doods in the kitchen that only speak mayan, and it's fucking great!

I wish I had more time to learn the language.They have shown me how to pronounce the language with my throat. oh fuck it, you know what i mean!!!!!

example: taking your tongue to the top of the roof of your mouth and basically gulping loud like "Ungh" means "shit".

And I would (figuratively) totally take bullets for those dudes.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

I would totally take bullets for those dudes.

Would you take a bullet in the chest?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Offsides + Personal Foul = 20 yard loss.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

well, lets just hope that never happens. I meant to state that figuratively.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I went to buy records and this thread starts to run swimmingly. I couldn't be more elated.

• i've learned a few things that is said or done with my throat, or with the throat.

I'm sure you realize how wide open you left that....

on another note, tupac was Inca, not Mayan (seriously).

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    i've learned a few things that is said or done with my throat, or with the throat.

I'm sure you realize how wide open you left that....

on another note, tupac was Inca, not Mayan (seriously).

haha! OH SHIT!!!! Too late to edit, too. Being up late working on papers does this to a person.

well, one of the dudes at my job only knows how to say one thing in english that makes sense... (pointing at me)"Thats my wiiiife!" with his mouth full of gold teeth and sunshine. lol.

shit i need some sleep. Dizzy, thank you for pointing that out...maybe.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

Offsides + Personal Foul = 20 yard loss.

No love for Sgt. Bilko?