R.I.P. lancaster pa record show

coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
thought i would throw this out there (here) i think that KRC is dropping the ball big time by not announcing this last week (& taking my table money for next month) when it seems that it was a sure thing that last week was/is/will be the last fair at that location (ye old catholic high cafe) the club leaders are working hard for a new local in the central pa area, but will they find something in time, will my 10 hour commute be an hour longer or shorter & can i ever have a plum location like i had back in the cafeteria me no likee i know a few strutters shop at the krc show, will they travel to york or harrisburg, columbia or (i kid not) blue ball(s) thoughts ?

Comments

• wow!!!!
    putting it farther from philly would definitely be grade A prime

this is sad. what happened? what did the count do this time?

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    that sux [email]t@m[/email]
    no one more hard core than you as far as travel

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    FUCK!

I have so many fond memories of that show... and heat to prove it.

Waking up at 4 AM to hopefully beat Tony and Austin to first crack. Croisandwich's at the BK afterwards... Driving the turnpike during twilight in the middle of winter blasting Journey 'Evolution.'

I haven't been in a lonnnng time, though. Its just way too much of a trek for an aging been there done that kinda guy like myself... but I will miss it. If it moves to York.. count me out.

Reading would be nice.

• FUCK!

I have so many fond memories of that show... and heat to prove it.
    ditto,brova, ditto. [shakes head sadly]

Waking up at 4 AM to hopefully beat Tony and Austin to first crack.
    hah! now i know your gameplan! ima Bill Belichek that last show for real.

Driving the turnpike during twilight in the middle of winter blasting Journey 'Evolution.'

I haven't been in a lonnnng time, though. Its just way too much of a trek for an aging been there done that kinda guy like myself... but I will miss it. If it moves to York.. count me out.
    dittos. get that shit closer to philly and i'll go every month!!!

• it seems the "manager" of the catholic highschool cafeteria & the club butted heads about
    re-setting up the cafeteria post show
    (i wish it had been something cooler like a stinky/count moses clash,
    or my tribute to satan or black nipples back drop display,
    or even the funny smoke from left handed cigarettes in the parking lot)
    ((2 of those did make it into past club newsletters as banned/discouraged activities, but i never stopped!))

york or harrisburg would be an easier commute for me , but without the philly & nyc people, why bother ?

i can see all the balto fools i want the following week at the firehouse, so i guess the club needs to be pushed towards philly
    does readding work for philly peeps ?

durham/balto was fun last week, but murfeesboro tn/atlanta ga this weekend sounds even better
    (what's an allentown ?)

• Reading would put the show 15 mins closer to a ton of fleas if nothing else. I ran around Adamstown last spring and came home with a lot of good stuff.

For my own personal journey 422 > Turnpike.

• i will miss that show... my crates would not be the same w/o the heat i copped there back in the 90's

photo taken at the Lancaster show, circa 1998 or so

• My thing about Lancaster is that it's just a totally ridiculous journey for me to get there. Waking up at 2:30, driving 2 and a half hours, trying to stay awake on the ride back... I went once and did really well but I can't bring myself to do that too often. If it's any closer to the city in the future, count me in though.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    My thing about Lancaster is that it's just a totally ridiculous journey for me to get there. Waking up at 2:30, driving 2 and a half hours, trying to stay awake on the ride back... I went once and did really well but I can't bring myself to do that too often. If it's any closer to the city in the future, count me in though.

word, i went once... on basically no sleep... dug all day, had dinner w/ Small Change, Phast Phreddie and crew at some great local roast beef sandwhich diner spot, went back to nyc, slept like an hour and then DJed some loft party til 5am... to say i was fucked by the end was an understatement, but i picked up a grip of great 45's... some detroit dealers in the house had some serious shit for 3 bucks each... that Rose Williams, George Clinton and the Funkedelics shit, Boby Franklin's Insanity, etc etc... actually might be the best record fair i've been to, (outside of one in San Diego in 97 or 98 that was just bonkers...)

• Pennsylvania Jaycees Bingo Hall, 2460 New Holland Pike, Lancaster, PA.

sorry, not closer to philly (or reading) but
    it is on !!