Inland Empire

djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
what the FUCK is this movie about? I need some HELP. PLEASE. Some girls just did a dance.

Comments

• Love Lynch. Hated Inland Empire.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    you are not on david lynch's level, obviously. Get drunk and re-watch. It helps. (Think time shifting and non-concrete character acting... you'll be on your way.) The thing I didn't like about IE was that it wasn't as funny as lynch usually is.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    Oh shit, the donkey/bunny rabbit sitcom is back.

(Jim, I got your PM< I am just trying to formulate a plan)

I am kinda drunk.

um, wanna go out and get drunker? isn't j**on out of town? (*wink*) i'm kidding. OR AM I???
    EXCELLENT! (*evil laughter*)

I'm just happy Laura Palmer's crazy-ass mom was in this

um, wanna go out and get drunker? isn't j**on out of town? (*wink*) i'm kidding. OR AM I???
    EXCELLENT! (*evil laughter*)

Yes, Cas is out. And if I didn't have to teach the children of America at 8 in the morning I would sho'nuff be down to drink. But now I need to go to sleep. I'll return to this Lynchian masterwork tomorrow.

• Pretentious bullshit. I stopped watching halfway when I asked myself, "Why are you watching this?"

• I'm just happy Laura Palmer's crazy-ass mom was in this

hahaha! i agree. i tripped out when i realized both susan's parents on seinfeld were on twin peaks. she's got a face conducive to anxiety attacks!

i have a friend who reminds me of Bob the Killer in one pic.

uncanny

• I couldn't tell you, as I couldn't sit through the entire thing.

• I will say this though - this flick to me, is more psychotic than the goriest horror film.

And if I didn't have to teach the children of America at blahblahblah excuses make baby jesus cry
    fine then. i'm gonna make my way over to the casbah and see the sleeping people. g'night.

• Love Lynch. Liked Inland Empire.

• I'm just happy Laura Palmer's crazy-ass mom was in this

You should watch Big Love. She's in it a lot.

I guess I'm not advanced enough to get into Inland Empire. I only really enjoyed the girls clapping.

• What "Laura Palmer's crazy-ass mom" says to Dern's character in the beginning is pretty key... And for the record, I really liked the movie.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    forget the plot
    dig the home made furniture,the lighting,dern's twisted facial expressions,the "hole in her vagina leading into her intestines"
    this movie is an evil surreal nightmare
    expecting more will only bring you less
    also being drunk,stoned,sniffing glue ,smoking sherm can only help comprehension

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Got through about an hour of it (only due to it not having my full attention since I was cleaning records) then hit the time button only to see there was two more hours of Laura Dern close-ups to endure and was like fuuuuck this. Back in the Netflix envelope you go!

• I enjoyed it alot! I do have a strange, imaginative mind though...

What "Laura Palmer's crazy-ass mom" says to Dern's character in the beginning is pretty key... And for the record, I really liked the movie.

Yeah, I got that part. But these Eastern Europeans are fucking w/ me.

T**my- I fucks with Big Love on the regular. You could say I live the principle.

• You could say I live the principle.

wow. DJ Anna, First Wife? Second wife? Third wife? Scandalous info revealed.

• If I remember correctly, this had some good points:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460829/faq#.2.1.1