Is there NO good Chinese Food in Hollywood?

2»

Comments

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Apple Pan is arguably the most hyped up burger spot on the Westside (though perhaps a close second to Father's Office). Gold is definitely NOT the only person who tries to big up the place and more to the point:

For a $6 burger, it does not live up to the hype. It's marginally superior to an In N Out burger at 2-3x the cost.

It's good for atmosphere but I've been there once and haven't had the compulsion to go back even though I could easily walk to it.

And there you go. Not only did you mistook what I said about him being the "only" person who hypes it (I said AS PASSIONATE AS I AM) - but you compared the Pan to Father's Office and In and Out in the same sentence. And Canter's is the ideal real deal delicatessen - right? Please excuse yourself from this conversation, you officially blow dogs for quarters.

Bwahhaha - saying dude, Apple Pan's burgers didn't impress me, especially not at what they charge.

And whether Canter's is the real deal deli is besides the point: who has the best pastrami in L.A.? Even Gold says it's Langer's and based on my experience there, I'm not going to argue with that opinion.

Langer's is good - but Brent's is as good if not better. And beleive it or not - I know a lot of NYers who are very schooled in the arts of cured meat (pause) who agree.

And for what Apple Pan is charging? Why are mad people getting all testy about this? I can understand about the pie - that shit's pretty pricey. But $6.00 isn't that much dough dude....it's a quality sandwich. Have you been more than once? Did you go steak or hickory? Just don't get it - if you have taste buds, there should be no argument.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

we battle one time. you're dead. no sequel.
    your spot? and my spot? come on yo....

• Why are mad people getting all testy about this?

i know this is part of your "hip hop" vernacular, but i rather enjoyed this sentence.

oh, and not fer nothen but jack n the box n such are making angus steak burgers or some shit and theyre actually better than in n out.

• dragon. if you're driving south on vermont it's directly north of olympic. it's bombs...but i guess it's not really hollywood.

• dragon. if you're driving south on vermont it's directly north of olympic. it's bombs...but i guess it's not really hollywood.

I'm mad @ MS right now.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    just say fuck it and trek down to Chinatown and eat at Yang Chow.

• Just got back from Mandratte and boy am I full. Good lookin out.

We had Thai shrimp which was shrimp on a skewer, wrapped in pan fried noodles, with a spicy dipping sauce. yum

we had tofu skin roll stir fry thingy, yum

shrimp fried rice, yum

asparagus w/ ginger. yum

and the house panfried rice, which I got all of because it turns out it had meat and my girls a pescaterian. YUM YUM YUM!!! I don't get enough meat in my diet.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    aw yeah
    i gotta try that thai shrimp dish next time
    i know it sounds nasty but they make a mean strawberry shrimp there too