De La - Clear Lake Auditorium (OG check please)

bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
When it come to De La???s ???clear Lake auditorium??? EP how do I tell an OG form a boot?I think this has been covered before but sadly my memory isn???t what it used to be and I had a quick google and found no info.I know there were some boots on black vinyl but where there clear vinyl bootlegs also? Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    spinemag used to have that fakin the funk article up but I think it's long gone now. I can't remember how you spot the og on that one.

in otherwords I'm no help at all

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    The boot is clear, but kinda white. The OG is clear, but greenish. The OG will also come in a clear plastic cover.

peace

h

• The boot is clear, but kinda white. The OG is clear, but greenish. The OG will also come in a clear plastic cover.

peace

h

It was reissued earlier this year and that comes in a clear plastic cover so I'm not sure that would be a guarantee that you'd end up with an OG if you were buying it blind. I'd agree the reissue looks more clear than greenish.

• i remember when this came out in 93 i was having a hard time to get a hold of it...never did get one...now alas i never will it seems.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    The first reissues of this were horrible, like really thick and kinda cloudy vinyl...

The later reissues were good, but not spot on. If it's really clear, with a green tint, it should be legit. You'll be able to feel it. The run out grooves should seem official too. It's definitley one of those things that shouldn't take too much effort to tell a OG from a reissue....

b

• what's the og going for these days? i'm still kicking myself for giving away one of my copies many years ago to a friend who straight up begged me for the schitt. nobody was paying big $$$ for rap back then, so i wasn't even thinking about what it might be worth one day

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    what's the og going for these days? i'm still kicking myself for giving away one of my copies many years ago to a friend who straight up begged me for the schitt. nobody was paying big $$$ for rap back then, so i wasn't even thinking about what it might be worth one day

There was a time when that shit was popping off for a bill or two. The last two times I've seen it "in the real world" it was $40 US and $35 US... both times in stores in Australia too... the price might be different elsewhere... right now might be the best time to scoop up all those records cuz most people are buying random rap these days....

peace.

• i remember when this came out in 93 i was having a hard time to get a hold of it...never did get one...now alas i never will it seems.

damn, not with that attitude you wont.

i got one for ten bucks last year.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Are all pressings of this radio versions?
    Got an orginal CD of it a few years back and it was cuss-free.

• co-sign on the greenish tint. the last time I saw the OG it was going for $150, but this was a few years ago. It was right next to the "it ain't hard to tell" promo 12" that was the same price.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    This record has shown up enough in the last few years to make me question that mythical 200-500 copies pressed story. I'm not seeing it so much now, but I'm not looking either & I bet that people are sitting on their copies, waiting for the price to go back up.

• Big thanks to everyone for the advice.

It does seem that to spot a boot you would need to see the record in flesh and look for the greenish tint, so this makes buying mailorder /in an auction a bit of a gamble as it would be impossible to see the greenish tint in a photo/scan of the vinyl.

I???ve seen a few sellers state the original has ???SRC??? stamped in the runout groove, does the boot have this as well ?

Once again thanks to all for the help/advice.

• Hey Parkz, just checked and the boot does not have an SRC stamp !
    Hope this makes it easier for you mate...

• Hey Parks, just checked and the boot does not have an SRC stamp !
    Hope this makes it easier for you mate...

Cheers man!