Is It Too Early for ...

Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
FRIDAY FIVES?1. New Job that I love, excel at, cool people, get to leave to go digging during the day... 2. Financial freedom.. after living off of scraps for a few months.. back on top of my game...3. Djing tonight, haven't done a proper club in a minute...4. iPhone, mines gets activated in 5 days!!!5. New spot with the Lady, its good to come home... even better with a beautiful woman waitingfor you.Bonus BeatNEW HAT...

Comments

• Cinco de Friday-o...

1. Asbury Park 45 Sessions in full effect tonight.

2. The baby seems to have beaten back the ear infection that was making him miserable.

3. Thought work was gonna suck ass today. An unexpected turn of events saved the day.

4. Sitting here at my desk listening to John Lee Hooker

5. Fall is on the way...

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    1. noting that telltale temperature drop in the AM when leaving the house, knowing that autumn is on the way.

2. Moments ago finding MP3 of the Avalanches "Since I Left You" track.

3. getting a phone call from the electrician saying he'll be done running the fiber optic cable in my house today.

4. having a conversation with a woman today who asked me about my fire juggling skills after finding me on Google.

5. Leaving work early for massage therapy at the chiropractor.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    1. Sobriety - both great and tough to face. but a whole lot better than what I was working with before

2. Roommates - dudes are some of the most trust worthy people I've ever known helped me to believe in humanity again

3. Free food - Bless them Warner Brother peoples for saving me hundreds of dollars on food every week. Thats money that can go into getting me new rackords

4. My brother - we've had a rocky relationship for a couple years but now the healing has begun and with that a bonding of the entire family

5. Young Einstein - dude is just straight up dude and has shown me the beauty in people

• 1. My newish job. I had been working constantly to get this one position for the last 3+ years and I have it. It's now been a month and a half at my dream job. I'm learning an incredible amount and I'm impressing my new coworkers.

2. My bro. He'd been very sick the last year and this past week he's had a breakthrough in his health. It's been something I've kept to myself and struggled with, but I really am excited now that he's showing signs of complete health, although he still has a long way to go.

3. Ladies. I had a bit of a dry spell in the past, but now I have my mojo back. I've met this cool chick that I dig quite a bit. Although this is also a headache at times.

4. Got my money right. After slaving at a big talent agency and making pretty shitty wages, I'm making a decent living now.

5. Got some new dope records and a fresh new shirt the other day.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    1) Moving to Santa Cruz tomorrow. 4 blocks to the ocean. New house with good people and cheap rent.

2) Sold my turntables that were crapping out, got a clean near-new pair of Techs shipped to SC.

3) Germany random rap conaisseur bought a grip records off me. Apparently they really like Big League Records stuff out there.

4) I love my MPC 60. So much.

5) Hit the gym with some friends who are way stronger than me. My arms are dead, but I was actually keeping up, which was good.

• 1) Had a salary review today and very I am very happy that I will have enough that my wife will not need to work for the rest of the year and can focus on her grad school work.

2) My wife who is a constant source of support and love.

3) The fall is getting here. Sitting on the poarch last night with a beer in hand and the cool breez reminded me how much I love this time of year.

4) I quit my monthly dj gig. I had been dreading it each month and just had no desire to do it anymore.

5) I am going to celebrate number one by going to the record store after work.

• 1. My part-time dayjob gave me a significant raise, more hours and health insurance. Finally! And the work has been more fun & creative too.

2. For the past month I've been walking, running, biking, pushups & situps on a regular basis and I've managed to keep it up - feels good.

3. I've curbed the binge record buying lately and I'm not really missing it at all.

4. Finally disciplined myself to complete some freelance work I've let sit for awhile and the sense of accomplishment is what I needed.

5. And this is the biggest - I'm in love with a beautiful girl who truly loves me, and I'm seeing her again in less than three weeks. I can't fucking wait.

• 1. Its an amazing morning/afternoon so far. Im off work today so having an open day thats all breezy and nice is a great change to the 100+ temps of last week.

2. Listening to some great rocking doo wop lp's. Seems like the perfect compliment to this morning.

3. Not drinking beer/alcohol for a week. The break on my liver is making me feel great.

4. Making homemade lemonade and iced tea and combining their forces to make one hell of a great arnold palmer is unbelievable.

5. African records of all era's and styles. Even the cheesy ones. I'm loving them.

• 1 - lil reggie got his dangling participles clipped this week and he is the new and improved chill out kitten.

2 - went from sleeping under a fan with no covers to wearing pajamas in the course of 3 days this week. fall is well underway in minnesota.

3 - if it is between boogers or snot, i choose boogers. especially the crunchies.

4 - looking forward to the friday gig tonight, the girls there are hollering weekly.

5 - listening to a new mix that we're shooting the photos for tomorrow. excitement abound.

P.S. and fuck carrots.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    1. Telecommuting today. Telecommuting = Two extra hours of sleep, plus the ability to work on music/do laundry/clean house/whatever while working. It's great.

2. I've been on a musical tear the past couple of days. This is doubly good because over the past week or two, I've been in a bit of a rut. Finally, things are starting to come together again.

3. Reconnecting with old friends I haven't talked to in years. It's always comforting to know that with some people, it's like you never missed a beat even after such a long lapse.

4. Steelers football, baby!

5. I love seeing my friends succeed, and a lot of them are succeeding right now at all sorts of things. Good people enjoying having well-deserved good things happen for them warms my cynical heart.

I ain't even gonna do a negative five today. That's how good a mood I'm in right now.

• having a tough week, but on a positive note...

1. i crushed my 6 year old brother in wii baseball last night. trotted around the imaginary bases in the living room after every home run and ended the ass whooping with a jim carey-inspired "l--ehh---ooooo-ssss--ee-rrr" routine, making sure to give him the old L on the forehead as the exclamation point.

• 1. Finally redoing our apartment and most importantly my music studio![/b]

2. Made some new music...and inspired to make more...currently working on some new project ideas....to follow up my album...

3. Djed last night which was fun, djing tomorrow night (Open/Free Bar! those kind of parties get a little crazy...which I like , back on a more regular schedule, and just got a call from a promoter to dj a cool spot that I wasn't expecting, but I'm looking forward to doing...

4. Meditating again, getting back into yoga, reconnecting with friends, and have been occasionally digging (which everytime thus far has been quite nice

5. Finalized plans for going on a trip to NYC with my gf in October...I LOVE NEW YORK!

• this picture is spooky. it's like a portrait of your hand, and you and your girl are just in the background. where is this BTW? it looks beautiful.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    here you go again spoiling 5s with comments on people's girls...

• this picture is spooky. it's like a portrait of your hand, and you and your girl are just in the background. where is this BTW? it looks beautiful.

My hand is such a fucking attention-whore.

We were in Mt. Pisgah Nat'l park near Asheville NC, on the Blue Ridge parkway at a scenic overlook. It was definitely as beautiful as it looks.

And believe it or not, that pic was taken with this camera:

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    1. My daughter getting along famously at her new school.

2. Not having to mess with ACL Fest coverage this year.

3. Not even bothering to attend ACL Fest this year.

4. Not being burned to a crisp by a fire at ACL Fest this year.

5. I've got the best wife going.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    1. this amazing music video

2. yo majesty tuesday night

3. hosting magic numbers and calvin harris showcase at work

4. having a fulfilling, decent paying, creative job that allows me to work with passion and pride

5. new iphone means i'm never bored, always distracted, never have good service, and always "connected"

alright, well that last one was sarcastic but the rest make up for it

• 1. Car broke down

2. Mechanic closed

3. Ear hurts for no apparent reason

4. Too much beer negates otherwise positive workouts

5. Ebay drama

• 2. yo majesty tuesday night

that guy needs to go on a diet. he's got serious bitch-titties.

• 2. yo majesty tuesday night

ha! Thats actually a woman homes.
    and she apprentley does this at every show
    http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/im...tab-web&fr=moz2
    http://www.myspace.com/yomajesty4life
    fucking disgusting.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

fucking disgusting.

THEIR SHOW IS CRAZY FUN

• that guy needs to go on a diet. he's got serious bitch-titties.

fucking disgusting.

THEIR SHOW IS CRAZY FUN
    haha i bet. I kind of dig their shit though. Beats are dope.

• 1. Car broke down

2. Mechanic closed

3. Ear hurts for no apparent reason

4. Too much beer negates otherwise positive workouts

5. Ebay drama

man down!

sorry about that homie...I hope that everything turns around for you soon...it's always darkest before the dawn....(btw, I'm coming out to NY again...and plan on coming by the shop...say hey)

• 1. End of a long, but very productive week. Can't do 15 more of these, but this at least feels good.

2. Celebrating first anniversary Sunday. My wife can hang in ANY 'best wife going,' event.

3. Big $$$$ gig at Barney's NY for a Denim Event tomorrow.

4. 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia,' is back and

5. This football videogate shit is behind us...

That's what I got this friday; too much career going down right now, but that pendulum will swing back...in February.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts

fucking disgusting.

THEIR SHOW IS CRAZY FUN

Yeah they get down...I was goning to post this in "looking happy" thread but fuck it, this belongs here:

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Cinco de Friday-o...

2. The baby seems to have beaten back the ear infection that was making him miserable.

3. Thought work was gonna suck ass today. An unexpected turn of events saved the day.

5. Fall is on the way...

Hey,

Here are some fives:

1. T**i and I went to the Asbury Park 45 Sessions and had a ball.

I had the pleasure of meeting DJ Prestige and Funky16Corners, great guys!!! The DJs were definitely playing the 45 heat. Shiiit, me and wifey even cut a rug A great time was had by all!!!

2. Prestige and Funky16 blessed me with the funky 45 mixes.

I pumped Prestige's joint on the way home and listening to Funky16's right now. This song I'm listening to at about 18 minutes in with the flutes is so beautiful and melodic You dudes come funky wit' it!!!

3. T**i had an enjoyable dinner with Rutgers colleagues at this great Spanish restaurant down in Asbury.

4. I'm chiilin' on a Saturday, sippin' on a Yuengling Black & Tan, all is well.

5. It's a beautiful, sunny day here in North Brunswick. "Heavenly suuuuuuunshiiiiine, only you can stop the rain..."

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Cinco de Friday-o...

5. Fall is on the way...

Hey,

Here are some fives:

1. T**i and I went to the Asbury Park 45 Sessions and had a ball.

I had the pleasure of meeting DJ Prestige and Funky16Corners, great guys!!! The DJs were definitely playing the 45 heat. Shiiit, me and wifey even cut a rug A great time was had by all!!!

2. Prestige and Funky16 blessed me with the funky 45 mixes.

I pumped Prestige's joint on the way home and listening to Funky16's right now. This song I'm listening to at about 18 minutes in with the flutes is so beautiful and melodic You dudes come funky wit' it!!!

3. T**i had an enjoyable dinner with Rutgers colleagues at this great Spanish restaurant down in Asbury.

4. I'm chiilin' on a Saturday, sippin' on a Yuengling Black & Tan, all is well.

5. It's a beautiful, sunny day here in North Brunswick. "Heavenly suuuuuuunshiiiiine, only you can stop the rain..."

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

P******
    It was great to meet you and the wife (and your friends too).
    I'm glad you're digging the mix. I think the tune you're referring to is 'Werewolf' by Robin Kenyatta (either that or 'Dippermouth' by Herbie Mann).
    Larry

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Thanks, Larry. We had a great time and we'll definitely return for the next 45 Sessions installment!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    1.) My new job is ridiculous. I drive an RV around New York City, and sell clothes out of the back.

2.) I don't work at Pastis anymore.

3.) I'm about to spend two months living out of a suitcase staying with friends. Maybe I'm over-romanticizing, but there is an appeal in temporary roommate status with friends, and really limiting the amount of posessions I deal with on a daily basis.

4.) Making music on the regular. Music that most people can appreciate.

5.) I finally cooked curried pumpkin. I tried some at an Indian restaurant three years ago, and have been meaning to cook it ever since. Saw some sugar pumpkins at whole foods earlier this week and picked one up. It came out really well.

Bonus previously unreleased demo:

Self-medicating with Thurman Goodmore really makes me a better person (Pot r).

• Options
    5.) I finally cooked curried pumpkin. I tried some at an Indian restaurant three years ago, and have been meaning to cook it ever since. Saw some sugar pumpkins at whole foods earlier this week and picked one up. It came out really well.

NICE!!! I used to eat this at m ex-girl's family gatherings all the time, one of the best things I ever ate. You just brought up some good memories.