NYC strut meetup sat 9/22

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
i'm flying in early and am heading to apt to see just blazecome out nyc strutters?

Comments

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    "and ether things we like."

that's some date rape creepy shit right there. guard your grill, edith. if you get in a bind, just call the cas phone and i'll shout out the sign to the holmes, sweendonglongsicle. that fool owes me (i think) i dropped boat knowledge on him a while back.

peace sween!!

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    [thraed hijack]you keep drinkin' when you got home holmes? I did.[/thraed hijack]

• "and ether things we like."

that's some date rape creepy shit right there. guard your grill, edith.

i'm pretty sure jp and sween have my back that night.

now ny strutters who hate each other and never hang out, come out tonight for my first visit in 6 years?

i'm looking at faux, batmon, sportcasual, empanadamn, rape donks, dr browncelsray, and delay

• ello!

man-o-man! just blaze that night? mao, you crazy for that one!

fellow haterzville and strutter tiger blurp will be playing that night at S.O.B.'s for their re-hatched monthly "samba soul". i gotta do both. i think something else is jumping off that night, too.

what else is in yo mix, son/dottir?

• ello!

man-o-man! just blaze that night? mao, you crazy for that one!

fellow haterzville and strutter tiger blurp will be playing that night at S.O.B.'s for their re-hatched monthly "samba soul". i gotta do both. i think something else is jumping off that night, too.

what else is in yo mix, son/dottir?

well it goes to 4! so weird whenever i think of the meatpacking district i think of glenn close in fatal attraction. it's been a long time batches! i will sleep all day and on the plane so i plan to stay for beyond beyond last call. plaese to come out.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    so weird whenever i think of the meatpacking district i think of glenn close in fatal attraction.
    that's weird. whenever i hear "meatpacking disctrict" i think of rootlesscosmo and kingmoist in the club showing eachother new dances and shit.

• Audronator,

I'll be working in The Hamptons??? for two weeks and regret that I will miss this. While you're drinking and dancing and having a ball I will likely be in an over-priced hotel room wishing my face boxed off by a syphilitic army of Flying Phalangers.

PM me your whodits and perhaps I can see you elsewhere.

• The Otis Funkmeyer Band is playing at Crash Mansion on the Lower East Side from 8-10pm on the 22nd, also. It's a really nice place with a nice stage, dancefloor and bar. It'd be great to meet you! Send a PM to get on the guestlist.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    as much as APT is the place to be I can't stand the ergonomics or the firetrap layout let alone the uncomfortable azz seats at the bar
    also the sound in that room is nothing special
    bonus points for small change as bartender though I don't know if he is still pourin'
    sounds like funkmeyer's gig is the place to be
    i may have to unmask at this throwdown

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I might have to head up next weekend for this. Checking into it... Biz is gonna be here in Philly that night, too. Then the Dilla Tribute Party ft. DJ Houseshoes (!!!) on Monday. Talk about bringin' in fall on some official.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    No doubt, sista!!!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I'll do my best to roll through. it's gonna be a busy ass weekend.

Wherever we go has to have handicap access.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    LOL!!!!!
    I think APT has a ramp.

LOL!!!!!
    I think APT has a ramp.

I hope so cause ill hear it at the end of the night....

• APT doesn't have a ramp, and where Mao plays is downstairs julie brown.

She's gonna be pissed if i go on w/out her.

• it's gonna be a busy ASS[/b] weekend.

LOLLERPOPS!!!

• "and ether things we like."

that's some date rape creepy shit right there. guard your grill, edith.

i'm pretty sure jp and sween have my back that night.

now ny strutters who hate each other and never hang out, come out tonight for my first visit in 6 years?

i'm looking at faux, batmon, sportcasual, empanadamn, rape donks, dr browncelsray, and delay

I'll be there tooo....

SIKE! I wish though... last time I was apt was when Afrika Bambaataa came through.

I miss NY, man....

• I might have to head up next weekend for this.

please do!

• If Im still here and not working I might be coming as well.

Denmark represent!

Dress

P.S. Is any Strutters thinking about going to see GZA performing Liquid Swords tomorrow in Brooklyn or is the Wu-Tang completely played out? I have never seen him live... What to expect?

• shomshom 31 Posts
    I go to Apt all the time (in fact, way too much), but I really don???t talk to people much.
    I never really thought of it, but I guess it often has a few soul strut affiliates around.

I was considering the Genuis Concert this weekend too. Should be dope.

I cant fuck w/ APT.

• Is any Strutters thinking about going to see GZA performing Liquid Swords tomorrow in Brooklyn or is the Wu-Tang completely played out? I have never seen him live... What to expect?

It's not happening.
    http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/ne...lidell-canceled

• whoa. that's unfortunate. ppl should just come to SMOOTH MOVE!

http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=949433&an=0&page=0#Post949433

i'll rap "pass the bone"

• i've never been to new york in my entire life.

what you waitin for?

what you waitin for?

that mets braves game last evening was fantastic!

fuck, i might have to squeeze a baseball game in here. i've never been to any ny ballparks!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    i've never been to new york in my entire life.

It shows in your lack of cultivation... like dirty blue-bunny underoos peeking out from under one's waistband.

It shows in your lack of SWAG[/b].