return of private pressed records

2»

Comments

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts

• Let's get this going, fools.... throw up any and all obscure record pics. The good, the junk, the bloodshitters, whatever, just keep em coming!

Here are some of my favorite privates*

* records do not necessarily have to be private pressed

Beware of any trades involving that bottom LP....

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Also, you need to sell me that Wilburn Burchette!

Local dealer has one w/ the OG Book. Killer Artwork! If anyone wants it pm and I'll scoop it up.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    plaese to check pm

• ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
    That is a sick cover.

• That is a sick cover.

early patrice rushen.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    That is a sick cover.

Most definetely. Nice one. She looks mad young on that cover. High school graduate with chops. 1972? How old was she when she released her official debut?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    That is a sick cover.

Most definetely. Nice one. She looks mad young on that cover. High school graduate with chops. 1972? How old was she when she released her official debut?

I don't think she had graduated yet when hse made that '72 LP.

She's got a joint on prestige from '74 and she was definitly still a teen when it came out

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts

I don't think she had graduated yet when hse made that '72 LP.

She's got a joint on prestige from '74 and she was definitly still a teen when it came out

It's got a big rep (as far as black high school / college bands go) but has anybody heard it?

• The Music on the Locke High record I heard was really dope. Some real soul songs on there.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    The Music on the Locke High record I heard was really dope. Some real soul songs on there.

"Bustin' Loose"

• It's got a big rep (as far as black high school / college bands go) but has anybody heard it?

i remember it being really good for a school/stage band record-- funky, jazzy and mellow. i still traded it, though.

• The Music on the Locke High record I heard was really dope. Some real soul songs on there.

"Bustin' Loose"

Yeah that one was cool, but I remember a couple of slower songs with some pretty nice female vocals.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    The Music on the Locke High record I heard was really dope. Some real soul songs on there.

"Bustin' Loose"

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Also, you need to sell me that Wilburn Burchette!

Local dealer has one w/ the OG Book. Killer Artwork! If anyone wants it pm and I'll scoop it up.

Plaese pm me back if this is still available.