Diggin In Italia

UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
So after 6 months of planning, tomorrow I set off for Italy with the misses. She has begun talking about earings, shoes and bags, so obviously I need to figure out where I'll be shopping. I'll be spending only a couple days each in Florence, Rome and Milan, as well as some time with a rental car in Tuscany so any heads up people can provide will be much appreciated. If there has been an earlier thread about this, a link would be great, I tried searching to no avail. Thanks in advance...

Comments

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    there is a huge ass flea market in parma
    but i forget what days it falls on
    I found stuff the 2 times i went

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    @$$

• Here's a link to a helpful thread on Rome: http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=908372&an=0&page=0&gonew=1#UNREAD

I'm going in January so add anything cool when you get back if you can!

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    I'm going in January so add anything cool when you get back if you can!

Will do...

@$$

• meaning...its hard as hell to find anyting

try to connect with dealers...maybe through ebay auctions
    check flea markets whereve you can
    record stores are few and far between and pretty spotty
    i never found shit in rome

fuck the records, though...eat as much as possible and dont compromise on a single mouthful of food. if your spideysense even flickers "tourist trap" or"inauthentic" dont eat there. get that good shit !!!!

• meaning...its hard as hell to find anyting

try to connect with dealers...maybe through ebay auctions
    check flea markets whereve you can
    record stores are few and far between and pretty spotty

fuck the records, though...

If you are there for a holiday, enjoy the holiday and relax, dig for great food and walk around. If you really want to waste time for record digging, do not expect bargains anywhere. Prices are $$$ indeed.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

@$$

just playin.. eat some risotto for your homey.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

@$$

just playin.. eat some risotto for your homey.

Consider it DONE kid...

So it sounds like flea markets are really the only way to go. Thanks for the help everyone, I will report back any good luck I have. Anyone know how to say 'flea market' in Italian...

• Anyone know how to say 'flea market' in Italian...

mercatino/mercato delle pulci

• or also:
    mercatino del' usato

(used market)

• i know around Rimini there is a chain of used thrift shops, but i forget what its called and if its found outside the region. but they do exist