Upchurch/Tennyson yes or no?

kidinquisitivekidinquisitive 1,627 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Pulled this off the shelf after not having listened to it in a long time. Besides sporting one of the great homoerotic covers ever, I have to say "Don't I Know You" still sounds great. Actually better than I remembered it. Black Gold is cool too. As a whole it's a pretty dicey album I guess, but this one stays filed in the personal stash.

Comments

• Hell Yes!!!

My personal faves are "Evil" and "Ava Maria (a classic Bob James production)". As for the cover, the first thing my wife said by observing the cover was something like: "Now let's see, this guy gives and this guy recieves"; ouch.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Hell Yes!!!

My personal faves are "Evil" and "Ava Maria (a classic Bob James production)". As for the cover, the first thing my wife said by observing the cover was something like: "Now let's see, this guy gives and this guy recieves"; ouch.

Do we need a homoerotic cover thread? I know Mapelthorpe did more than one lp cover.

• Well, things like this need to be examined. Those were the 70's: Good music, optimism, drugs, and yes, homoeroticism!

• Hell no. This one's a turd.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    i will ride for this album although havent listened in a while. ill have to break it out and give it some attention.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Hell no. KUDU's[/b] a turd.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Hell no. KUDU's[/b] a turd.

Hold Up.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i think it's better than wheather report plus placebo.