Another Ebay Scoundrel to watch out for

kidinquisitivekidinquisitive 1,627 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Meatyogre already blew the whistle on this chargebacking loser a year ago, but Laurent Benchadi is up to more modern soul auction tomfoolery. He is now using the IDs fleurbleumees and maitre_ninja (and I bet he has other IDs too). Since I recognized the name from Meaty's post I declined to accept a paypal payment from him. He then left me a negative and threatened to ruin my future auctions.

Comments

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    i make all french and italians pay for tracking charges. i wont sell to either country without it. besides one dipshit in teabagville ive only ever had issues with those two countries in the past 9yrs.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i can't remember if i've successfully sold to this guy before
    or had a similar issue at some point in the past....

any idea of previous user names?

thanks for the info.

• Used to be called hayabuza2005. I'm sure he's had others as well.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i've had the worst of luck with french modern soul bidders. i had a lew kirton that bidder never paid for and the other day i got a 'alert' that came up that stated that the guy is no longer a ebay member. he was a total deadbeat. i also had a french guy state he never received the record when i sent it off. and then i sold one a couple of months ago to another french bidder who never paid, but because item was over a month old i couldn't send another invoice and the gy then had the nerve to ask if he could get it for cheaper.

i also had a guy who continually called my house--after i gave him my number to hear the record. bad mistake. he called every day a number of times a day up until he got the record. then he called to thank me. it worked out--but that was very annoying. he was always very courteous. said he was trying to perfect his english, and maybe that was all or maybe he was just a little mental--either way that was very annoying.

i have nothing against the french, and i've sold a number of items to france that were not modern soul and had no issues. this for me is relegated to the modern soul market. what is it about these certain bidders?

• I know how entertaining these broken English red-faced threats can be for some of us, so here's his last message to me:
    Ok now I will make you hell in your future auction !!! I will bid with several dead bids !!! I really wanted this record of AIRFORCE !! I'm a serious guy and you juged me for a fucking guy !![/b] now I will make you hell on ebay believe me !!!

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    I know how entertaining these broken English red-faced threats can be for some of us, so here's his last message to me:
    Ok now I will make you hell in your future auction !!! I will bid with several dead bids !!! I really wanted this record of AIRFORCE !! I'm a serious guy and you juged me for a fucking guy !![/b] now I will make you hell on ebay believe me !!!

yo send that to ebay AND paypal and say hes making threats. then again... it was you who decided not to take his dough but who fucking cares...

DIE FRENCHY!

• I know how entertaining these broken English red-faced threats can be for some of us, so here's his last message to me:

yo send that to ebay AND paypal and say hes making threats. then again... it was you who decided not to take his dough but who fucking cares...

DIE FRENCHY!

Oh, believe me, the first thing I did was forward that to ebay. Paypal is out of it since no money changed hands.

• so glad you posted this. maitre_ninja wanted to buy an uber raer which i was tempted on selling him outside of ebay to save on fees. he didn't want to pay the price i set, so i haven't heard from him in two weeks. i remember the first message i got from him when i first put the record up for auction, something along the lines of:

"haha. you are so funny. that is a $500 dollar record. i will pay you $800 now."

• i've had the worst of luck with french modern soul bidders. i had a lew kirton that bidder never paid for and the other day i got a 'alert' that came up that stated that the guy is no longer a ebay member. he was a total deadbeat. i also had a french guy state he never received the record when i sent it off. and then i sold one a couple of months ago to another french bidder who never paid, but because item was over a month old i couldn't send another invoice and the gy then had the nerve to ask if he could get it for cheaper.

i also had a guy who continually called my house--after i gave him my number to hear the record. bad mistake. he called every day a number of times a day up until he got the record. then he called to thank me. it worked out--but that was very annoying. he was always very courteous. said he was trying to perfect his english, and maybe that was all or maybe he was just a little mental--either way that was very annoying.

i have nothing against the french, and i've sold a number of items to france that were not modern soul and had no issues. this for me is relegated to the modern soul market. what is it about these certain bidders?

I want to know also. I sold a SAM DEES that was EX/EX to a guy in france. He decided to leave me a comment saying" Record is more like VG in IMO". I played the record once. Bought it sealed and shipped it wrapped up in bubble packing/2 cardboard slides/ proper record mailer. Tell me!! what is it with foreign bidders making their feedback private after they bid on something???

• can buyers use bidpay in france and italy? i'd like to avoid the possibility of chargebacks in the future.

• Can anyone tell my why "DrKrome" is on my blocked bidder list? He looks pretty legit and wants to throw down on something.

• Foreign bidders scare the hell out of me

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    How do you block sellers from guture auctions? I've been trawling around myebay and can't seem to find the option.

• How do you block sellers from guture auctions? I've been trawling around myebay and can't seem to find the option.

go to the site map option towards the top right of the main page, click on that, and you'll see the block bidder option about the 3rd down in the center row. A very useful tool.

• Can anyone tell my why "DrKrome" is on my blocked bidder list? He looks pretty legit and wants to throw down on something.

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=DrKrome&Dirn=Received+by&ref=home