If It Rotates - Back with a Vengeance!

SooksSooks 714 Posts
edited September 2007 in Announcements
So I've been having technical difficulties with the show for the last month, but that's all over now, and I'm back with the funky music. This week is a real mish-mash of styles, too. Check it out: IF IT ROTATES Ricardo Marrero and the Group - BabaloniaNico Gomez and his Afro Percussion Inc - Caballo NegroYma Sumac - Taki RariChoker Campbell - Carioca IISonny Johnson & The Sunglows - All Over TownWAR - Me and Baby BrotherThe Equals - Softly SoftlyLulu - Love Loves to Love LoveNicole Willis and the Soul Investigators - Keep Reachin' UpCold Blood - I'm A Good WomanBig Bo and the Arrows - Big Bo's TwistBarbara Green - Should Have Treated You RightTito Puente - Fancy FeetFrance Gall - ZozoiMaynard Ferguson - Chala NataQuincy Jones - They Call Me Mr. Tibbs

Comments

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    midweek bump!

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    I know that it's become a bit tiresome to describe these shows as all over the map, but how else can I call a show that goes from 1963 jazz to Brazillian (new and old), straight funk to mod classics, and jazz fusion to dub? There's all sorts of stuff in this show, and hopefully something you'll dig. Some of my highlights - Mingus' bass opening, the synth freakouts from Shades of Joy, the moment the tamborines come in in the December's Children track, and the incredible echoes from Dr. Alimantado. These are the moments that keep me listening to music!

IF IT ROTATES

Charles Mingus - Hora Decutibus
    Shades of Joy - The Desert is a Circle
    JD & the Evil's Dynamite Band - Haaa-Sheesh
    The Daktaris - Super Afro-Beat
    Candi Staton - I'd Rather Be An Old Man's Sweetheart (than a Young Man's Fool)
    Elis Regina - Bala Com Bala
    Tarika Blue - Truth Is the Key
    Beltran Moner - Training Session
    Don Beto - Nao Quero Mais
    Lew Hanson and the Islanders - Soul Safari
    Tomorrow's Children - War
    December's Children - Backwards and Forwards
    Shadows of Knight - Shake
    Evie Sands - Billy Sunshine
    Dr. Alimantado - Best Dressed Chicken in Town