Want: Nico - Chelsea Girl and Marble Index

JoeRoJoeRo 32 Posts
edited September 2007 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
Anyone have these?

Comments

• the only thing i have to say about Nico is that she was a fricken whoreeeeeeeee

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    the only thing i have to say about Nico is that she was a fricken whoreeeeeeeee

Listen to Chelsea Girl again. Then you'll have two things to say about her. And one thing to say about Jackson Browne.

JoeRo: $30-35 is probably the neighborhood for CG. A few bucks less for TMI. And I suppose that you know this, but you'll want to get CG @ VG+ minimum because of all the aural white space.

• the only thing i have to say about Nico is that she was a fricken whoreeeeeeeee

Listen to Chelsea Girl again. Then you'll have two things to say about her. And one thing to say about Jackson Browne.

JoeRo: $30-35 is probably the neighborhood for CG. A few bucks less for TMI. And I suppose that you know this, but you'll want to get CG @ VG+ minimum because of all the aural white space.

Luck--Thanks for the info. You wouldn't happen to have a copy to trade/for sale?

No kidding. After reading the Jackson Browne credits I wanted to revist all his albums. Is it worth it?

That seems really cheap? Are we talking domestic MGM pressings? Aren't originals on Verve quite expensive?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I actually think the Brit MGM pressing is the better pressing sound-wise.

• I actually think the Brit MGM pressing is the better pressing sound-wise.
    That's the one I have and it sounds great, though I have no comparison.

I actually think the Brit MGM pressing is the better pressing sound-wise.
    That's the one I have and it sounds great, though I have no comparison.

I've had clean copies of the US Verve press that played with some noise... so I filed a limey copy.

The book "The End" about Nico is one of the most depressing bios I've ever read.

• The book "The End" about Nico is one of the most depressing bios I've ever read.
    Yikes. I'll have to keep an eye out.

"The End" is also a great album.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    the only thing i have to say about Nico is that she was a fricken whoreeeeeeeee

Luck--Thanks for the info. You wouldn't happen to have a copy to trade/for sale?

Sorry - no. I only have my VG+. Put it on your eBay watchlist like I did, and you'll see it pop up soon enough. I'd tell you "good luck," but It's really not that hard an e-pull if you're patient and stick to a maximum limit.

Kudos to producer Tom Wilson for sticking to his guns on the flute and spareness (overriding Nico herself, who hated the production and called it "unlistenable"). Sometimes, the artist doesn't know what's best for them.

"The End" is also a great album.

I remember playing her version of the end for this girl I knew who was a big Doors lover and she laughed. I got mad cause I thought it was really heavy at the time.

• The book "The End" about Nico is one of the most depressing bios I've ever read.

Then I guess you haven't read the "AutoBiology" of a criminally insane male prostitute turned wino/junkie who suffered from a rare disease in which his frontal lobes were joined causing him extreme pain and psychotic visions all the while frantically writing about drinking his fellow prison inmates' urine and memorializing his dreams of having sex with Richard Nixon's corpse poolside as Mrs. Nixon (widow) sits in a lounger, watching, and diddling herself?

Find A Hurt Place and Don't Ever Let It Heal[/b]

No, but I've heard his CD.