Hey, remember the T.I. album?

BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Damn that shit was trash. Is anybody seriously still listening to it? It went out my drivers side window a week before it even came out. gave it a couple more listens at home before i dragged it to the trash folder, DELETE.

Comments

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    wow dude nice job affirming the consensus

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I still haven't heard the entire thing....I've been told so many times to stay away from it i won't even bother ..

The world must be coming to an end because all i've heard lately is how great Talib Kweli's cd is .

Talib = Good /Tip = Bad ??? Say it aint so

• I still haven't heard the entire thing....I've been told so many times to stay away from it i won't even bother ..

The world must be coming to an end because all i've heard lately is how great Talib Kweli's cd is .

The Just Blaze songs are the only thing I listen to on TI. Rest of it is pretty bad. Kweli has some dope beats to me.

• I still haven't heard the entire thing....I've been told so many times to stay away from it i won't even bother ..

The Just Blaze songs are the only thing I listen to on TI. Rest of it is pretty bad. Kweli has some dope beats to me.

Atlanta trashed the new T.I vs T.I.p album

Now the new Talib Kweli is nice! Grown folk HIP HOP. Check for the track "Soon the New Day" w/ Norah Jones

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Now the new Talib Kweli is nice! Grown folk HIP HOP. Check for the track "Soon the New Day" w/ Norah Jones

Is this a joke?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Is this a joke?

People who use the phrase "grown folks hip-hop" don't joke about such things as Norah Jones collabos.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    The Just Blaze songs are the only thing worth listening to at least a couple times on TI, but blaze has done much better work elsewhere.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I still listen to it.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    wow dude nice job affirming the consensus
    hah sorry this sounded so dickish ... i was v drunk

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    not his greatest work by a longshot but it does have some very solid tracks on it. i don't know what happened with all the garbage on it though.

I think enough people talked shit about it before it dropped to make it harder to listen to and enjoy, but I will say that it has some decent songs and while it's not a great album and definitely not the best TI album, it's not so bad to where you have to throw it away. I still think the more street songs on it are pretty good. It's those ti-trying-to-be-grown songs that suck. and they only make up about 1/3 of the album. I say listen to it and develop your own opinion. Unless, that is, you like to have your music filtered by other peoples' opinions...

• One reason that T.I. record is weak...DJ TOOMP has been kicked to the waste side!!! Dj Toomp provided that hottness for most of the T.I. tracks & singles.

• Now the new Talib Kweli is nice! Grown folk HIP HOP. Check for the track "Soon the New Day" w/ Norah Jones

Is this a joke?

And why whould this be a joke?
    B.S. hip hop must die. No more chicken noodle soup, I'm so crispy, walk it out, Wack ass hurricane Chris!!! I want lyrics, beats, subject matter that is relevant.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts

Is this a joke?

B.S. hip hop must die. No more chicken noodle soup, I'm so crispy, walk it out, Wack ass hurricane Chris!!! I want lyrics, beats, subject matter that is relevant.

I gotta admit Kweli caught me off guard with Ear Drum. I don't know if it beacue my expectations where so low or what...Talib bought some thoughtful concepts to deccent beats....I haven't listened to TI minus the couple singles floating around that get no love in the club.

• All in all this year 1n hip hop has been really bad for mainstream stuff. There's been some nice projects like: Macro polo-port authority, Casualties of war by the boot camp clik, Sean P, Styles p-Ghost Session, Ear Drum-Talib kweli. I was really confused with pharaoh Monch & Mos Def this year. Ballerina P had "Return of the MAC" and NAS!! A few others...

• All in all this year 1n hip hop has been really bad for mainstream stuff.

Sounds more like it's just been really bad for you.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    All in all this year 1n hip hop has been really bad for mainstream stuff. There's been some nice projects like: Macro polo-port authority, Casualties of war by the boot camp clik, Sean P, Styles p-Ghost Session, Ear Drum-Talib kweli. I was really confused with pharaoh Monch & Mos Def this year. Ballerina P had "Return of the MAC" and NAS!! A few others...
    zzzzzzzzzz

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    All in all this year 1n hip hop has been really bad for mainstream stuff. There's been some nice projects like: Macro polo-port authority, Casualties of war by the boot camp clik, Sean P, Styles p-Ghost Session, Ear Drum-Talib kweli. I was really confused with pharaoh Monch & Mos Def this year. Ballerina P had "Return of the MAC" and NAS!! A few others...

Tell em' why U mad!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Is this a joke?

Because the mere idea that you're trying to stand up for REAL HIP HOP by mentioning Norah Jones collabos is beyond ridiculous...

• Now the new Talib Kweli is nice! Grown folk HIP HOP. Check for the track "Soon the New Day" w/ Norah Jones

Is this a joke?

Because the mere idea that you're trying to stand up for REAL HIP HOP by mentioning Norah Jones collabos is beyond ridiculous...

http://lowmoneybeats.com/Descryand%20Primary%20-%20Big%20Shit%20Poppin'%20(Remix)%20ft.%20TI.mp3

Is this a joke?

Ok DIGDUG!!! What is real hip hop for you & everyone else in this thread???

Explain your opinion & don't bore me

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I still listen to Sides A & B.[/b]

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Macro polo

his rhymes about supply-side economics was hott fiyah son!!!

word to Bernanke.

• B.S. hip hop must die. No more chicken noodle soup, I'm so crispy, walk it out, Wack ass hurricane Chris and Talib Kweli[/b] !!!

Is this a joke?

Ok DIGDUG!!! What is real hip hop for you & everyone else in this thread???

Explain your opinion & don't bore me

Hip hop is fake.