Groovy kids records

bruceforcebruceforce 92 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Hello all,Wanted to introduce myself, never posted before i dont think, only replied to posts. live in brooklyn, (just saw talib kweli and bootcamp play in fort greene park a block from my house), dj, collect records, have two kids, work my ass off every day.have lurked here for almost 2 years, and despite the occasional squabbling, it is a killer place to talk, think, and learn about records, and i immensely enjoy the commmunity but never felt compelled to start a conversation.i met the good dr, Dr Delay randomly a few weeks ago, and started talking about psych records and then figured out i already had some of his mixes from the board. that 'nasty' with horns is mega. i figured since i finally met someone from here, i might as well lay down a post, so here it is. i dont think it has been covered here in awhile, but i wanted to post an old mix i did when my kids were born and also see if i could inspire people to post up some other hidden gems from the groovy kids records category.there are some commons in the mix, but some favorites, (bob mcgrath, susan, stick song) some breaks (brady's) and i can listen to with the kids and not go out of my mind! (most of the modern 'kids' music out there really is not so good) fyi not too thrilled with the first track on this anymore, but what the hell, its about an aardvark.thanks all, for sharing your knowledge and music with me.and a special shout to all the parents on the board.Best,BFp.s. the good dr delay will be guesting at my night later in the month, the week after i am throwing a benefit and bbq with the Budos Band in brooklyn. details to come or holler if you need the deets now.p.p.s i also have a few more free tix to Farm Aid at Randall's Island tomorrow (a friend gave me 40!), so holler if you just have to see willie and neil (and you can come to fort greene to get'em tomorrow)

Comments