Weekend Finds Week 36 (this week, yeah, yeah.)

2»

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    xiomara alfaro lp is average, but not bad 60s latin international pop style. i think her stuff a bit later is supposed to be pretty good. this one is pretty standard.

• Damn I hate Dakar! Always trying to show everybody up...I'll post mine when I get home, I had a pretty decent weekend!!!

don't hate.

appreciate!

i forgot. this in many ways was a highlight for me this weekend.

can't find much info on this video/documentary of live footage from the both of them. it was produced and directed by fela and roy ayers and i think ayers may have distributed it himself. but not sure if that is the real story. either way it is not a boot.

• i forgot. this in many ways was a highlight for me this weekend.

can't find much info on this video/documentary of live footage from the both of them. it was produced and directed by fela and roy ayers and i think ayers may have distributed it himself. but not sure if that is the real story. either way it is not a boot.

damn!!!! id love to see that (or get a copy!)

• Got a bunch of good stuff at a local store last weekend, but here are 2 interesting ones i got just today.

This is a rap 45, with a live band. Came out in early 80s as best I can tell. Not really my thing, but check the clip (for a sip of the juice, as they say):

Bad Reputation - Is It Live

Also got this rock 45 that is very Led Zep-ish:

I REALLY dig this song, prob not 'rock for hiphop kids', but I don't care. check it:

The Hostage - Physical Love Affair

-pj

• here's some stuff i got in the post this morning ..... some trades (thanks fred) -- others i just plain bought on the internet!!

quite chufed to finally have a copy of the Gainsbourg .... the sleeve is a bit taty - -but the disc is fine. great record!!
    7's are:

DUKE OF BURLINGTON - "flash"
    FRANCE GALL - "laisse tomber les filles" (with gainsbourg -- what a tune!!)
    MICHAEL POLNAREFF - "la mouche"
    BARIS MANCO - "gonul dagi" (finally!! --its pretty knackered and no p/s, though)
    THE LILYS - "nany in manhattan" (only a few quid, i used to like this song when it was on that levi's ad --- is that a bad thing?)

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    scored a jazz collection from a distant member of my wifes family.

400 mostly dodgy records but there were a few gems hiding within.

Here are the highlights. (some of the covers are better than the music contained within)

All for free.

ik zie dat je "back in the game" bent.
    leuke schoonfamilie heb je, nog wat strakke drum gekte ???
    en dat voor gratis.

• scored a jazz collection from a distant member of my wifes family.

400 mostly dodgy records but there were a few gems hiding within.

Here are the highlights. (some of the covers are better than the music contained within)

All for free.

if those Norgran titles are minty, Japanese dudes will drop loot for 'em

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    here's some stuff i got in the post this morning ..... some trades (thanks fred) -- others i just plain bought on the internet!!

quite chufed to finally have a copy of the Gainsbourg .... the sleeve is a bit taty - -but the disc is fine. great record!!
    7's are:

DUKE OF BURLINGTON - "flash"
    FRANCE GALL - "laisse tomber les filles" (with gainsbourg -- what a tune!!)
    MICHAEL POLNAREFF - "la mouche"
    BARIS MANCO - "gonul dagi" (finally!! --its pretty knackered and no p/s, though)
    THE LILYS - "nany in manhattan" (only a few quid, i used to like this song when it was on that levi's ad --- is that a bad thing?)

funny, i just copped doubles of that Pierre Henry this weekend, passed one to my girl...

yeah "laisse tomber les filles" is pretty much the best song ever....

i copped a buncha great french and quebecois stuff this week, but am too lazy to post...