Weekend Finds Week 36 (this week, yeah, yeah.)

fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Whatcha got?Heres my stuff: Finally found my copy of Little Boy Blues today among some other of these records too.Three of the records above is from a strutter trade (hi joe).The Jazzdancer record is a percussion only album, and one of the tracks is a 3 minute drumbreak with just kick, snare, hihat, tambourines, congas... Its starts with just the drums and then the tambourines and congas are building up. Dope ass track.Nada & Vangelis are synthesizer/electric keys only albums. dope for sampling.And i got this one also: Been looking for this one for a long time also.Fred

Comments

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

45s
    Lou Rawls - Breaking My Back
    O'Jays - Stand In For Love
    Devo - Girl U Want promo
    Danleers - Wheelin' & A Dealin'
    Ray Charles - Busted
    Abaco Dream - Chocolate Pudding
    Buddy Miles - We Got Love promo
    Jackson 5 - The Love You Save
    Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince - Nightmare On My Street

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    no actual pictures

anyone know anything bout this one?

• My girl ended up paying for lunch, which was nice and she gave me some $ for gas since I have been totin' her around a little more than usual...so I had $40 burning a hole in my pocket...so I hit up some spots...got a nice little haul, here are the highlights:
    garage staple in a nice picture sleeve

now who among us wouldnt put this in the keeper pile just on looks and band name alone?...turned out to be some decent stoner/proto metal:

Nice Andre Williams related tunes:

This might be my favorite new song, a killer:

Tom's a fucking badass:

Early Wilson Pickett steez, another killer...totally dememted Travis Wammck style guitar solo:

didnt get this one in today's haul, got it a week or so ago... but I thought I'd post it as its a raer early Bobby Byrd single...pretty killer as well:

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    Whatcha got?

Heres my stuff:

Fred

wow, congrats on the jazzdancer, that is ??ber raer, totally dope perc only record outta denmark. i recall hearing the german niagara lp which is a perc only joint also and feeling that the jazzdancer really is a lot better compared to the hyped titty album..

a few cheepo digs from this weekend:

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

wow, congrats on the jazzdancer, that is ??ber raer, totally dope perc only record outta denmark. i recall hearing the german niagara lp which is a perc only joint also and feeling that the jazzdancer really is a lot better compared to the hyped titty album..

i also think that the Niagara record is totally overrated
    their other records are much better. i never got the titty hype. but the s/t LP is still kinda expensive.

i also think that the Niagara record is totally overrated
    their other records are much better. i never got the titty hype.

yeah, the only thing thats really hot bout it is the titty gatefold??!!

• nice one fred ---- is that INCREDIBLE STRING BAND - "hangman's beautiful daughter". i love that LP. quality shit. mine has a different cover to that, though.

• How is that "melting pot"? I got four other titles on that label, all with pretty bad music. Vinyl Vulture mentions some heat on that label, but not that particular record.

- J

• den er heftig. en av de bedre libraryene jeg har. det er en synth library. mest discofunk og noe litt mer tradisjonellt library. en sinnsykt killer sang p?? den. og en synth solo track med loops 4 daze. var p?? rockefeller i g??r vetu, messe. galeste messa fo yearzzz.

• nice one fred ---- is that INCREDIBLE STRING BAND - "hangman's beautiful daughter". i love that LP. quality shit. mine has a different cover to that, though.

• it got this one and another les demerle not quite as good but it has a nice live break...the first track on here is but probably everyone knows that!

• Highlights from this week:

MCF

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

• 45s
    Lou Rawls - Breaking My Back
    O'Jays - Stand In For Love
    Devo - Girl U Want promo
    Danleers - Wheelin' & A Dealin'
    Ray Charles - Busted
    Abaco Dream - Chocolate Pudding
    Buddy Miles - We Got Love promo
    Jackson 5 - The Love You Save
    Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince - Nightmare On My Street

Hey Holmes. how you doing?? Good to see that NZ is still turning up some cool records! What with that and the All Blacks mauling of Italy you must be pretty happy at the moment!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    scored a jazz collection from a distant member of my wifes family.

400 mostly dodgy records but there were a few gems hiding within.

Here are the highlights. (some of the covers are better than the music contained within)

All for free.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

To: MCF

RE: Dresses Too Short

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Lesson learned: i didn't want to look through all 40 rekkids i bought today for whatever reasons (time, didn't care about condition for the money). Disco album that looked hilarious...picked it up. Upon return and listening...ROD STEWART ALBUM INSIDE! ouch.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

Hey Holmes. how you doing?? Good to see that NZ is still turning up some cool records! What with that and the All Blacks mauling of Italy you must be pretty happy at the moment!
    Hey Mark, long time no see man. Things are all good here. I watched the first half of the rugby & then didn't bother watching the rest, pretty boring try-fest. I hope we can win it all this time, but we'll probably choke & stumble on the last hurdle again as usual I'm counting down to the school holidays in a couple weeks, I'm moving house though so it won't be much of a break really.
    How's things over your side of the world? Records good?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    scored a jazz collection from a distant member of my wifes family.

400 mostly dodgy records but there were a few gems hiding within.

Here are the highlights. (some of the covers are better than the music contained within)

All for free.

A new era of finds displaying has begun!

• Haven't done one of these in a long time. Most of these were found locally (Oahu) except for the Mcdonald and Giles and Guy Davis (Folkways). Also found Pacific Rim/Electric Ninja Group/Sunship Ensemble, excellent Canadian modal jazz.

arthur lee-vindicator, mcdonald and giles, drums on phasing, pharoah sanders-thembi,three sounds-soul symphony, roy ayers-ubiquity, sounds of new music-folkways (john cage related), khan jamal-dark warrior, guy davis-dreams about life(!), ted moses-the farther you go,edwin hawkin singers-hes a friend (bay gospel), white noise-electric storm, pharoah sanders-love in us all, steve grossman-some shapes to come, yumi arai braeks, charles earland-leaving this planet

i've never seen this 12" before! still lookin for the EP

found this very rare LA related tape, ft. blowdiens,a young snoop dog, and cut chemist. on a similar note i finally found a nice copy of brian cross' - it's all about a salary for cheap.

• Haven't done one of these in a long time. Most of these were found locally (Oahu) except for the Mcdonald and Giles and Guy Davis (Folkways).

i've never seen this 12" before! still lookin for the EP

found this very rare LA related tape, ft. blowdiens,a young snoop dog, and cut chemist. on a similar note i finally found a nice copy of brian cross' - it's all about a salary for cheap.

anasarca flossing in weekend finds = . more drums for young j****h, eh?

is the gp hiphop nation = gpac?

• Pretty cool Little Richard single, both sides written by Fats Domino:

and a couple LPs:

• r*dn**,
    kind of glad you asked..i'm trying to figure out who a lot of the people on the tape are. i had the same thought about gp nation and i'm wondering who Superb SK is. arthur lee's vindicator has some great songs and i'm also enjoying some of the songs off that gospel record. found some hawaiian heaters too.. And yeh, the drums are for Joe Do you need a string beat?

• yo ana, empty your PMs (re: sounds of new music on folkways).

• ana...horible realization: did i ever send you the bq in effect cdr?
    still need it?

• guy davis looks like giovanni marks

b/w

hell yes i need that string beat.

pm me with some available local raers that

also, i would guess that superb sk is that "supherb" dude who recorded on the wild west label.

the world awaits the colabo with joe & hugh emc...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Was all excited about the local record show this
    morning, but all-in-all it ended up being really quite

You know when you are going back to the same tables 2 or even 3
    times before you leave, hoping maybe you missed something, that
    the show was pretty much a bust. Still, I did find a few things.
    The LP selection in particular was rather tepid:

I'd be more excited about the Chicken Shack LP if it were cleaner.
    And if Christine Perfect, featured so prominently on the cover, sang
    more than 2 tracks. Del is always cool and Chris Smithers is Boston
    folk on the Poppy label, I liked his first, glad to find a cheap copy
    of his second.

Did a little better with the 45's:

Each side is a heavy mod groover ... organ/guitar/drums combo wins again:

Fuzz rock version of the Willie Cobb song famously remade by Dawn Penn (aka "no, no, no")!

Also, a nice mailbox find courtesy of
    although it turned out to be "heavier" than I thought

"Heartbeat" is

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    thrifts, fleas, yard sales.

caution boys was a darryl strawberry produced and financed hip hop record on he and his sisters short lived record label venture. sort of mediocre, but not terrible.

12"s from -

chill rob g, rhythmx, intelligent hoodlum, esham, black ivory, ors, unknown dj, maestro fresh-wes

random rap 12"s

raer disco 12 -

ultra rare northern soul 45 from this girl group --

and this cool ohio garage 45

• How's that Xiomara Alfaro record?