i love you so much soulstrut.

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
hi i didn't know serg's login. and now i'm good and sentimental drunk on the internet and i want to tell the internet how much i likelove some of you strutters like my brothers and sistersblah blah blah...the internet was at the hard as fuck cd release party tonight and it had a reverse effect on me and made me soft as fuck. i got mega sentimental during a night of wall to wall aggro rap which is kind of befuddling. everytime i've gone out where strutters were present this summer i'm always like "nothing can top this" and then my mind is blown by a completely different good vibe. serg didn't throw bows tonight! i think he was secretly happy that all his friends were in one place for his special night. a night where justin timberlake wouldn't be played and everyone would yell not sing along to all this angry dude rap. between you and me serg is softhands on the downlow, he eats teddy grams and went through a toy photography phase and he is skilled in the culinary arts (yeah that just happened). totally beer and dolphins which is why i luh him. i ain't ashamed to admit he is like a surrogate bully brother who keeps me up and interested in new rap the past few years, especially during my most engrossed rock worship episodes.anyway tonight was raer, i hadn't seen morse code, matthew africa, josh and jinx in the same place since mike 2600 came out a few years back to dj at milk and we had an epic night of karaoke. karaoke hasn't been the same since that night. king tee cozy, morse doing cookie monster death metal vocals on the david bowie duet with me. it was also great seeing nat dancing to every song he played, dudes were feeling it tonight. diane and i were like it's so nice to see them enjoying the stuff they want to play. i could write a longer diary entry about how many strut related memories i have and how weird it was for me to find this site and realize that a lot of my real world friends who had social lives posted on a message board . but i don't want to regret my emo drunken confessing the next day. i can already tell i've said too muchit was so weird seeing ben wearing this shirt because i was talking to jason about this earlier about it being one of my hilariously embarrassing memories in recent yearscontroller 7 was there in spirit on my t-shirt. i had to put the dolphin pic in a gold museum frame though and treat it like the masterpiece it isand i had to take it to another level

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Man, you're making me miss the Bay real bad. Great pix!

REmind me, what do you shoot with?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    That tshirt is ridonkulous

• damn, is that dave? he post here?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

I just got my shirt in the mail yesterday - I gotta tell you, nothing made me laugh more than when I pulled that shit out of the package. I haven't listened to the CD yet but I got a long drive down to Philly tonight and it's perfect for that. I cannot wait.

Those photos are great - it looks like such a fun time.

• Man, I'm sorry we missed this! We had plans with my lil' brother-in-law (which involved a Vanguard Squad-signed Fado Band), otherwise we'd have been there, mocking Sergio and telling him he can't hold his liquor.

• limited edition giants tall cans. no necessary.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    limited edition giants tall cans. no necessary.

man serg sent me one of those with my beer and rap cd and i put it in my fridge and i was going to make an occasion of that shit but then someone else must've drank it because it disappeared. unless i just drank it when i was really drunk. my point being: dolphins.

• I fucking love you guys. Can't wait to come see you Yay area people in October.

• I fucking love you guys. Can't wait to come see you Yay area people in October.

Dates, plaese.

Dates, plaese.

OCT 25 - 30

Ayres, Mr. Jeigh, Doug Surreal, and Bitch Ass Darius AKA Bitch Ass Hilarious will also be in the house. This is gonna be mammothish.

• the djs all killed it last night. i love each and everyone of you guys.

congratulations sergio...you did it!

even though you knocked a beer out of my hand (which spilled all over stef's kicks) and then picked it up off the floor to try and pound all the foam that was still in the bottle, and even though i have bald patches on my head where the fan ripped my hair out (thanks for trying to protect me, jinx), and even though i had to be at work at 7:30 this morning, i'd say the whole night was well worth it.

still, i wish serg hadn't punched me on the dance floor.

twice.

in the face.

i think i still came out ahead.

audrey, your shirt was off the dope-o-meter. and matthew! thanks so much for the cd & shirt. you rock. jinx, i'm going to break into your house, steal your shirt, and leave more records in your garage.

and it was hilarious to hear the drops nat played from the rub...HARD AS FUCK!

can't wait to see you all again.

balling on a budget, beer and rap style.

morse code, on deck, in the Microwave waiting area.

ben, is that r. kelly in your pants or are you just happy to see us?

• sergserg 682 Posts
    serg didn't throw bows tonight! i think he was secretly happy that all his friends were in one place for his special night. a night where justin timberlake wouldn't be played and everyone would yell not sing along to all this angry dude rap.

um a few people caught some fist, I know I hit a few beers when I was jumping around yelling rap words. Threw some beer in the air too.

personally my favorite part of the night was stopping the record because Morsecode decided to play some fucking song with singing in it. Fools thought I was playing with the no singing rule. I had to enforce the beerandrap standards.

but seriously last night was retarded fun, good seeing everyone who came out. Some old friends from LA manned up, one dude I ain't seen in years. The merch table never happened but I did sell one cd to some drunk dude. Probably the best thing was that people actually got paid, that's a first for beerandrap. Gonna do another one maybe 3-4 months from now.

• was definitely a fun night...it was good to see all of you...I was most shocked to see justin up in the building! wtf???

• serg didn't throw bows tonight! i think he was secretly happy that all his friends were in one place for his special night. a night where justin timberlake wouldn't be played and everyone would yell not sing along to all this angry dude rap.

um a few people caught some fist, I know I hit a few beers when I was jumping around yelling rap words. Threw some beer in the air too.

haha! i see that diane caught that now in her pics.

Dates, plaese.

OCT 25 - 30

Ayres, Mr. Jeigh, Doug Surreal, and Bitch Ass Darius AKA Bitch Ass Hilarious will also be in the house. This is gonna be mammothish.

yay!

• uh what the hell? how did i miss this?

we have got to get these two together

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Serg = Overnight Internet Celebrity

Edith Head = Official Soulstrut Mascot

• we have got to get these two together

• wow. I'm honored. I want one of those shirts.

• personally my favorite part of the night was stopping the record because Morsecode decided to play some fucking song with singing in it.

I think its appropriate to mention that the selection in question was Make It Rain remix with R Kelly. We got about 3/4 through that verse (soo doon't get it twiiiiisteeed!) before Serg cut it. Good thing I had the next joint ready, hahaha...

Dates, plaese.

OCT 25 - 30

yay!

Save the date! Friday Oct 26th @ Milk: Hard Crack Candy 2 release party with Ayres and Mike the 2600 Kang! I didn't know Doug and bitch ass hilarious??? were heading out too that's dope!!!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

wow. I'm honored. I want one of those shirts.

Gameover.

The next level would be if someone got a SS tatoo.

• this thread has some good material. Here's a start:

• sergserg 682 Posts
    [

damn, is that dave? he post here?

yeah that's him, but no he doesn't post here. I think he check philaflava or whatever a lot.

• Is that JJ? How often do the SoulStrut and G4 fam collide?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i really need to make it out to some sort of beer and rap festivity someday

• sergserg 682 Posts

Is that JJ? How often do the SoulStrut and G4 fam collide?

yeah man that's the homie, we been down since the arizona days when I was angrier at the world, fucking desert. Homie came up from LA and did it up proper.

BeerandRap is a movement

• classic....

• Is that JJ? How often do the SoulStrut and G4 fam collide?

yeah man that's the homie, we been down since the arizona days when I was angrier at the world, fucking desert. Homie came up from LA and did it up proper.

Damn! Small world. I used to kick it with him occasionally in Chicago when I'd go down to hang with Dreas and crew. That's a good dude right there.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Yes, but can he Photoshop the new Osama Bin Laden pic onto a box of Just For Men? Shit would be all over the 'nets. SNL would have Bin Laden with Keith Hernandez in 2 weeks.

Home Run!

(I'm sure that there are better shots of these subjects out there)