Prague / Czech Republic Digging?

MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Anyone here dig in Prague? Is it worthwhile? Any other spots around that city or Czech Republic in general worth hitting? I'm going there in a couple weeks and I'm trying to get some records while I'm there.

Comments

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Man I did terrible in Prague.

There are a few stores but according to an old friend, there's serious heat to be found outside the city.

I'll try and hit him up and pass along any info I get.

• I didn't really run into any records there, the wildest shit was this

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    Man I did terrible in Prague.

There are a few stores but according to an old friend, there's serious heat to be found outside the city.

I'll try and hit him up and pass along any info I get.

I'd appreciate it. I was told there's a decent Prog/psych/garage store out there, but I have no idea where. I buy everything, so I'm not really worried if one genre is lacking. Are the stores (in Prague) close to one another, or will I be jumping all around the place?

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    man honestly I just didn't find many stores period. It's kinda tough to find vintage records in a former Soviet country. What you will find will be heavily Zappa influenced rock and interesting jazz.

Go through it all like a real digger but pay attention to the prog/rock/psych that's where the Czech heat lays!