songs of leonard cohen

2»

Comments

• Anyone singing his songs is better than listening to him.

You may want to reconsider that statement....

http://www.amazon.com/Tower-Song-Songs-L...89204601&sr=8-1

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    This hipster nonsense is so boring. Are any of you wearing sweatbands or unicorn tees right now? Or are they so one year ago?

why are you mad?

I'm not mad. The italicized portion of the above quote was meant to be read with an, um, stylist's voice. I was honestly joking.

I am sometimes annoyed, though, at folks that start "kill your idols" threads without the pretext of the theme as an excercise/parlor game and with the declaration purely as a Statement. Folks that take time-worn, established, quality work and throw it up on this wall to rip it (sometimes simply for shock value, other times for an establishment of Rebellion) just look really young. If anything, I get upset on the occasions - on here (not this thread) and in real life - when younglings brag about their hip, hip ignorance of basic music knowledge. I mean, we've had a thread up here within the last two years in which someone here (without a tongue in his cheek) called Otis Redding's music "crap." Now that one ticked me off. I'm not the biggest Prince fan as a general rule, but I'd never start a thread proclaiming, say, "the tepidness of Prince Rogers Nelson." That's just asking for abuse. This thread is certainly docile enough, and It's almost entirely comprised of personal opinions. That's why I was joking right back, albeit with a hint of sharpness. "He never did it for me" is fine to say, although I might disagree. It's just all too often when the only point of threads like this is so the formulater can brag about his taste. It's a concept so predictable that two characters in High Fidelity, The Movie Version were entirely predicated on a similar archetype; Todd Louiso admiringly plays the new Belle & Sebastian, and Jack Black shoves it right back in Todd's face.

I might get annoyed, but I'm not mad. Not over opinions.