bay area, are your eyes burning?

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
i left my house and the sky was orange and the sun looked like a ball of firehttp://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/09/06/MN45S0CTR.DTL&tsp=1i wish i could find a picturemy contacts are killing me right now

Comments

• found some photos from this morning and last night

that wildfire is burning out of control still. the sky's more grayish brown now

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    it looked crazy this morning. when i got to work on ybi/ti, there were a few cars at the top covered in a light ash. i looked over towards the east bay and looked like death over there.

• it looked crazy this morning. when i got to work on ybi/ti, there were a few cars at the top covered in a light ash. i looked over towards the east bay and looked like death over there.

it's gonna look even crazier today at sunset since the fire is still burning. i'm tempted to go to the de Young and take photos from the tower but i don't think i'll have time. it takes forever to get out there by muni

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Yeah it feels so strange outside, it's exhausting trying to run, the air is terrible.

• I feel like I'm on Mars up in here.

• i found a whole bunch of pics on flickr, but none of them capture how red the sun was this morning. this was the best one:

i went out for lunch and it was like seeing through a tobacco lens filter. everyone and everything was desaturated in sepia tones

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    i found a whole bunch of pics on flickr, but none of them capture how red the sun was this morning. this was the best one:

i went out for lunch and it was like seeing through a tobacco lens filter. everyone and everything was desaturated in sepia tones

Really? I'm at 2nd and Bryant, and it looks like a regular somewhat-cloudy day around here.

i found a whole bunch of pics on flickr, but none of them capture how red the sun was this morning. this was the best one:

Really? I'm at 2nd and Bryant, and it looks like a regular somewhat-cloudy day around here.

The afternoons have been normal with a lot of haze and humidity (made me feel like I was in NYC on a tepid day). But sunrise and sunset times have been crazy in areas that aren't fogged in.

• i found a whole bunch of pics on flickr, but none of them capture how red the sun was this morning. this was the best one:

it was grayish brown when i went out at noon. people didn't seem beige to you from the sunlight?

that pic is from this morning though when the sky was all orange

it was grayish brown when i went out at noon. people didn't seem beige to you from the sunlight?

Not really, no, though I only left the office at around 1:00 to go get some lunch, and I had sunglasses on, so that already kinda threw off the coloring of things. Now, I'm just looking out the window, and it doesn't look that out of the ordinary.

The sky did look pretty funky when I was crossing the Bay Bridge earlier, though.

that pic is from this morning though when the sky was all orange

still hazy but nothing like this morning.

• Really? I'm at 2nd and Bryant, and it looks like a regular somewhat-cloudy day around here.

What, no "sorry I farted" joke?

I would, but this is a purely visual thing, and that sort of wisecrack only applies to sounds and/or smells. Joke discipline, man!

• Really? I'm at 2nd and Bryant, and it looks like a regular somewhat-cloudy day around here.

I would, but this is a purely visual thing, and that sort of wisecrack only applies to sounds and/or smells. Joke discipline, man!

Still applicable... eyes burning from gas. Not a huge stretch

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    the sun looked like a ball of fire

Still applicable... eyes burning from gas. Not a huge stretch

You make a good point. And I'm always down for broadening the horizon of fart jokes!

• the sun looked like a ball of fire

don't make me aim mine in your direction

don't make me aim mine in your direction

Sick burn!

• It was nuts this morning. I thought the moon was still out and then I realized it was actually the sun.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    it looked crazy this morning. when i got to work on ybi/ti, there were a few cars at the top covered in a light ash. i looked over towards the east bay and looked like death over there.

it's gonna look even crazier today at sunset since the fire is still burning. i'm tempted to go to the de Young and take photos from the tower but i don't think i'll have time. it takes forever to get out there by muni

it's not worth it, the fog is rolling in too hard to get much of a view of that shit. Up at UC it just looked like another foggy day but with a little bit more humidity

HAHAHAHA.

this reminds me of an ignorant Dre Dog interlude where some dude is talmbout he smoked some weed so potent "it had me seein' in 3D n**ga!!!"

ummm......