Does Anyone NOT Like FLEETWOOD MAC RUMOURS?

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
I swear.. I can listen to this album over and over again.

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

you need to get in a time machine and go back to 1977 cause that shit was on permanent rotation in this country

• omg
    love it

• i actually just grabbed up like my 5th copy of this a few days ago. took it home and turns out there is this massive hump on it due to warping. Sent my tonearm flying. lame.

• I swear.. I can listen to this album over and over again.

For reals.... back when I was in a stoner rock band of sorts, we all loved this album and played it to death for a while. It was also a huge influence on the next batch of songs we wrote even though we sounded nothing like them. The Rumours LP is a timeless classic. Whenever I'm in a bad mood, "I Don't Wanna Know" always puts a smile on my face.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    "Songbird" will make any man weep like a lil' b!tch.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Sometimes I just don't understand what you all are on about

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

• It's amazing how top notch the record really is considering their output before & after isn't even close. Can anyone really listen to Tusk?

• Fleetwood Mac remind me of being at the dentist's office. And the smell of my teeth/dust-teeth.

Sorry, I know I can dig some of their shit but that put me on the wrong foot when I was like 5 or something. Dentist's office used to play that shit on rotation, I was in there so much I looked like Jaws from James Bond so you can imagine...it's also why I don't really care for "Billy Jean"...except for the bridge (one of the best imo).

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

on Great LP!!! My brother and I were the two "weird [Black] kids" (not my words) on the block bumpin' that joint.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Can anyone really listen to Tusk?
    absolutely

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Can anyone really listen to Tusk?

Hell yeah.

• [color:green]It's amazing how top notch the record really is considering their output before & after isn't even close. Can anyone really listen to Tusk? [/color]

I think the real question is, can anyone really listen to anything after Peter Green left? 'Cause their blues stuff is the ONLY Fleetwood Mac I can listen to now, even though, similar to Big Stacks, I was one of the only black kids back in the day into this album - had it on 8-track, yet! But some things just do not survive adolescence, and for me this kind of Fender Rhodes soft-rock is one of them.

But I can ride for the bluesier '60s recordings, though...

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

I think the real question is, can anyone really listen to anything after Peter Green left? 'Cause their blues stuff is the ONLY Fleetwood Mac I have ever been able to listen to. Some things just aren't good, and for me this kind of Fender Rhodes soft-rock is one of them.

• Can anyone really listen to Tusk?

Hell yeah.

tusk is dope. not sure how much of a fleetwood fan i am but i am always suprised when i find out a song i like is from them. i'll have to give rumors a listen (its got to be in the stacks somewhere), before i give any thumbs.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    [color:green]It's amazing how top notch the record really is considering their output before & after isn't even close. Can anyone really listen to Tusk? [/color]

I think the real question is, can anyone really listen to anything after Peter Green left? 'Cause their blues stuff is the ONLY Fleetwood Mac I can listen to now, even though, similar to Big Stacks, I was one of the only black kids back in the day into this album - had it on 8-track, yet! But some things just do not survive adolescence, and for me this kind of Fender Rhodes soft-rock is one of them.

I've never listened to a Mac LP post '72 (no Green on the last couple but similar sound)

I figure I will check out Rumours some day but that day has not yet come

• I swear.. I can listen to this album over and over again.

It's not an "over and over again" album for me, but I have no complaints. The "Classic Albums" DVD is interesting, and the DVD-A with the 5.1 surround sound mix is very good too. I have been going back and forth with the pre-Buckingham/Nicks stuff, and that is some amazing work. I do like the song "Angel" from the Heroes Are Hard To Find[/b] album, but radio doesn't even go that far (even if it's one year before the self-titled one.)

I do, however, like Tusk[/b], especially the live version of "Sara" that's in the video, and I've always been a sucker for Buckingham's solo work. Mick Fleetwood's Zoo is worth a listen or two.

• [color:green]It's amazing how top notch the record really is considering their output before & after isn't even close. Can anyone really listen to Tusk? [/color]

I've never listened to a Mac LP post '72 (no Green on the last couple but similar sound)

I figure I will check out Rumours some day but that day has not yet come

tune in the classic rock station, youre almost guaranteed to hear half of it

• [color:green} I do like the song Angel from the Heroes Are Hard To Find album, but radio doesn't even go that far (even if it's one year before the self-titled one.)
    [/color]

The title track of that same album was an FM staple for years and might still be. Long after "Oh Well" and "Rattlesnake Shake" (from the Peter Green era) fell out of rotation, nine times out of ten "Heroes..." would be the only pre-Buckingham/Nicks track that rock stations would play.

• "Dreams" = one of the best productions ever; vibes way down in the mix, nicest drums and bass, volume swells. Close-mic city.

• Yep, love the whole album. Rainy Sunday night material. The thing that gets me is that every lyric on the whole thing seems to be sung with real emotion.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    The thing about some of these songs is that they make me nostalgic for a time and place that I've never been to or, at the very least, don't have an actual real memory for but the songs make me FEEL like I've been there. And want to go back.

• im also a fan of the self titled right before rumors, with the sick "over my head", not to mention "monday morning" and "rhiannon". Cmon with the witch rock!

the early stuff is excellent in a very different way. blues jam in chicago vol 1 and 2 are solid.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Me.

I do NOT like Fleetwood Mac Rumours.

Really.

But it has more to do with the fact that my father was a huge fan and plyed their music a lot.

My father was a douche.

regardless, i cant listen to Fleetwood Mac.

or Pink Floyd for that matter.

Thanks 'dad'

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Netflix just added a slew of "classic albums" making of exposes on albums. Watching the "Rumours" one right now and made me think of this thread

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    nzshadow said:
    Me.

I do NOT like Fleetwood Mac Rumours.

Really.

But it has more to do with the fact that my father was a huge fan and plyed their music a lot.

My father was a douche.

regardless, i cant listen to Fleetwood Mac.

or Pink Floyd for that matter.

Thanks 'dad'

I can't justify my irrational prejudice but I don't like it either.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    Don't like it at all.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    i rep

i always liked Christine