Balls of Fury-Yay or Nay?

eliseelise 3,252 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central

Comments

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Saw it Saturday night. Hella funny! Even with the charactures and obvious rip-offs thought it was very good and would recommend it.

• I don't think I'm gonna see it in the theaters...but...

does anyone here actually play ping-pong?

LOL. Dude, you are a certified fiend! How are the ping-pong shoes?

Did you get that email I forwarded you an hour ago?

• sweep my deck

• movie looks funny as fuck to these eyes
    a friend of mine actually has a table, we have been playing on it for about 6 months. at first i was whatever about it but now i love to play.

• Saw it Saturday night. Hella funny! Even with the charactures and obvious rip-offs thought it was very good and would recommend it.

I now understand why you didn't like Superbad....

Haha, I am a fiend man. Ping-pong is my chit as of now.

I got the email. Nice! Did you get my response? It wouldn't let me reply to your Stanford addy, so I sent it to the Gmail. Holler.

• dreas, i've been thinking of buying my own paddle, do you have any suggestions for a playa?

Haha, I am a fiend man. Ping-pong is my chit as of now.

I was playing a bit but now happy village (localspotwithpingpongtables) is now over overrun with douchebags. Dreas, you know someplace I dont to get my pong on??? My topspin was just starting to get good.

• Dodgeball, Hot Rod, Taladega Nights, now Balls of Fury....these all seem derivative to me.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I don't think I'm gonna see it in the theaters...but...

on the xbox hahaha.

I loved the movie, but there was some cheese. But c'mon, Christopher Walken!

• Yo! The Happy Village is still the spot man. You just need to go during off-peak hours (i.e. saturday afternoon at 3pm, or sunday at noon) then you will have the whole room to yourself. There are a couple other spots that are okay, but the village has the best tables man. And sometimes it's fun to play against douchebags (if you win .

As far as a racket? I have a Butterfly Primo Vitesse. It's light and hits with good power and spin (It was recommended to me as the best all around Butterfly racket). If I were to drop some cash on another, it would be a little heavier if possible. Also, buy the racquet spray (foam) cleaner to keep the rubber fresh. Joola makes good rackets too, D***e seems to really like his.

• Yo! The Happy Village is still the spot man. You just need to go during off-peak hours (i.e. saturday afternoon at 3pm, or sunday at noon) the you will have the whole room to yourself. There are a couple other spots that are okay, but the village has the best tables man. And sometimes it's fun to play against douchebags (if you win .

As far as a racket? I have a Butterfly Primo Vitesse. It's light and hits with good power and speed (It was recommended to me as the best all around Butterfly racket). If I were to drop some cash on another, it would be a little heavier if possible. Also, buy the racquet spray (foam) cleaner to keep the rubber fresh. Joola makes good rackets too, D***e seems to really like his.

http://www.nyttf.com/

• Sabadabada,

That place looks fresh. I usually play at a bar, so no hourly rate, but they require a two drink minimun per person. I would definitely hit that up if I lived in New York. I guess we have something similar on the North side of Chicago but I haven't been there yet.

I like how they suggest to "bring a date."

• Dodgeball, Hot Rod, Taladega Nights, now Balls of Fury....these all seem derivative to me.

don't forget the epic that was Blades Of Glory.

yeah I knew I was forgetting one.

Yo nice avatar.. do you have an mp3 of the track "Way To Go" ?

• As far as a racket? I have a Butterfly Primo Vitesse. It's light and hits with good power and spin (It was recommended to me as the best all around Butterfly racket). If I were to drop some cash on another, it would be a little heavier if possible. Also, buy the racquet spray (foam) cleaner to keep the rubber fresh. Joola makes good rackets too, D***e seems to really like his.

thank you!

• has anyone see this? one of my favorite asian films.