Kentucky Spots ??? Louisville ??? Record Related

HairyBelafonteHairyBelafonte 1,202 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Anyone want to divulge some spots in the Louisville area, or off of highways 55, 65, 40 round there? I'm gonna be hitting up spots around Baton Rouge , N'awlins and Southern MS, and will likely be visiting some peoples in KY. Any spots to look for/avoid in the area? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• nothin?

wheres yoigotbeats, mr burns ? any midwest heads ?

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    what dates are you here?

• what dates are you here?

Im going to New Orleans/Baton Rouge area for a minute and then heading to visit some friends in KY. I'm gonna be down south from 5-15th, prolly in Louisville towards the second half. I'm flying down and then borrowing a car, so my scehdule is pretty flexible, only an event on the 8th in LA.

Any good soul nights during those dates?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I was just there. Underground Soundz is ok for stuff, gotta look hard and has to be the right day. Highland is ok just to check and see if he has anything. Other than that, slim pickins, slim.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Our one good soul nite has been dismantled. We do have a cool 60's garage, 70's psych nite by a good DJ, that previously did the soul nite.

I was just there. Underground Soundz is ok for stuff, gotta look hard and has to be the right day. Highland is ok just to check and see if he has anything. Other than that, slim pickins, slim.

I meant ask you, did you pick anything up that rekkid show??

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

Good funky 45s from one dude and some random funky records that weren't really that special. That was the worst record show I've ever gone to, but having said that, I'm glad I went.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

Good funky 45s from one dude and some random funky records that weren't really that special. That was the worst record show I've ever gone to, but having said that, I'm glad I went.

I though you would had said that, I say that everytime, but yet I go. They never bring anything good. People are warped in Louisville. They say schitt sells in Columbus and Chicago, but they know people in Louisville won't pay the big prices.

• I was just there. Underground Soundz is ok for stuff, gotta look hard and has to be the right day. Highland is ok just to check and see if he has anything. Other than that, slim pickins, slim.

I though you would had said that, I say that everytime, but yet I go. They never bring anything good. People are warped in Louisville. They say schitt sells in Columbus and Chicago, but they know people in Louisville won't pay the big prices.

so, is this undrground sounds the only game in town? they got old records? 45s? any spots to avoid? I was just planning on hitting the yellow pages and the thrifts/fleas.

Burns- when/where is this psych nite?

Any KY strutteurs down with the purple cat piss?

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    ah shitt I guess its back, and very recommended:

get with me if you go to this, the DJ's speak for themselves, you won't be disappointed, boy scouts honor.

If you want soul, don't go to Underground, unless you want Jazz, or like The Non reissues of reggae. We got plenty of thrifts to go around. So check the yellow pages. Check 7th street for the fleas.

• ah shitt I guess its back, and very recommended:

get with me if you go to this, the DJ's speak for themselves, you won't be disappointed, boy scouts honor.

If you want soul, don't go to Underground, unless you want Jazz, or like The Non reissues of reggae. We got plenty of thrifts to go around. So check the yellow pages. Check 7th street for the fleas.

sounds cool, I'll try to check this out. I'll holler on the pm w/ info info if you wanna link up and dig/blaze/talk shit.

peace.

• if you head east to Lexington and want to do some digging >>>Pop's Resale

• hairy - PM me and if you need to come thru Nashville, you have a place to crash.

How can I get down on the louisville jumpoff??? I'll bring a little crate....