GLORIA SCOTT LP on CASABLANCA

99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
edited June 2005 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
Found a promo copy of this over the weekend. Up for trade:

Condition is excellent...Sleeve and Vinyl. (not actual picture)

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    why dont you want this? that record is great

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    why dont you want this? that record is great

who cares why he doesn't want it, all I care about is what I may have to offer to get it.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

I'm just not hearing it...what am I missing?

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i mean, do you usually listen to soul? it's just good soul music. not much to get

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

I'm just not hearing it...what am I missing?

What Am I go-nna do, what am i gonna do. what am i go-nna do. what can i do.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    i mean, do you usually listen to soul? it's just good soul music. not much to get

it's really bland soul, though. lacks distinction. i'd much rather listen to some ann peebles, minnie ripperton, gwen mccrae, etc. even chaka fuckin' khan than this...!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    This record will haunt me for the rest of my life

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    This record will haunt me for the rest of my life
    Same here...I once owned this record and my brother had "lost" it. I almost lost it when he didn't cough it up...Let me holler at that record, 99P.

• per0per0 153 Posts
    I dont think I'm hearing it either.... but check the 45 sale . . . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4740282313&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Damn!

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

it's really bland soul, though. lacks distinction. i'd much rather listen to some ann peebles, minnie ripperton, gwen mccrae, etc. even chaka fuckin' khan than this...!

is this one of those rare lps that everyone loves/wants/needs but isn't good at all?

• schnipperschnipper 528 Posts

is this one of those rare lps that everyone loves/wants/needs but isn't good at all?

There are two things that make this album amazing. The first is the cover, which I believe to be one of the greatest record covers ever. The second is the first song, What Am I Gonna Do, which is brutal. The rest of the album, however, blows.

• wholewheatwholewheat 437 Posts

There are two things that make this album amazing. The first is the cover, which I believe to be one of the greatest record covers ever. The second is the first song, What Am I Gonna Do, which is brutal. The rest of the album, however, blows.

I don't know, I like "That's What You Say" as well as the title track.

• Hello

Did you get my PM with trade list?

flu