Who doesn't F#@* with EBAY?

bass_feverbass_fever 974 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
I now have 165 feedback points or whatever, this is mostly from selling some stuff off in the last year or so...I've been at a desk job for about six months and have a problem with browsing ebay (and the strut) all day and spend way to much $$$...What strutter don't even mess with ebay? I'm glad I held out as long as I did, but it does have it's advantages!

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I used to sell on ebay A LOT during college. That was when ebay was new and the global market for vinyl had prices soaring. Eventually, the scammers, deadbeats, and charges from ebay and paypal just cut into my time and profits too much. I don't have time for that shit anymore.

• I have 6 feedback points and I've had the account since 00.

• I think I have 12 points. One sold and 11 bought plus maybe 5 for which none feedback were left.

And I think I have had my account since 00 as well.

Dress

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    About 50 feedbacks since 2001 or something. It's too easy to get carried away with Ebay so I avoid at all costs.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I have never purchased or sold anything on ebay.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I end up broke all the time when I start using ebay too much. So, I just cherry pick what I get.

- spidey

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    ebay is great.. especially for a married with children desk job type of guy like myself.

I have learned NOT to think shit won't turn up again. I put in my max bid on auctionsniper and if I lose, I lose. I usually lose.

Thank god for Mp3s!

As for selling, I used to be hard core before my kids started eating up all my time. I have dealt with the occasional a-hole... but all and all my auctions have attracted serious collectors who pay on time and value my service. Over the years I have developed a system where it isn't such a hassle. I'm about to get heavy into selling again for the fall season ... so look out!

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    i bought and sold a bunch of audio equip a few years ago. Only bought two records off it(roy ayers RAER) like 5 years ago. Buying records online is cool but i like to hit the thrifts and shops mostly. I always feel overwhelmed with shit online and dont really even know where to start.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Really you just can't take eBay prices seriously, too much international competition for the real known records that have blown up. eBay is great though for those white whale or slept-on records that aren't in-demand. I definately have to check myself and remember that with most records on eBay, there will always be a chance to find a copy cheaper later on.

I always hear complaints about deadbeat bidders/sellers on eBay, but my experience has been real good, particularly from international buyers outside of France (even Marcofunk). Sometimes it's shocking that there aren't more problems especially when big money is exchanged, but it does show that for the most part the honor code can work.

I'll be honest in that in the past year eBay has saved my ass and allowed me to really spend some money on gear. As much as I hate the nature of records going for tons of $$$ these days, it's the name of the game and you're pretty much forced to play it.

The only thing that's really frustrating is that eBay is great for getting rid of $10 and up records, but anything below that is real hard to move, even if it's quality.

• novasolnovasol 204 Posts
    Early on, I bought lots...sold a few... It got old and now I'd much rather setsale on sites like this. So much easier for me and I'm done within a week, versus ebay takes 2+ weeks until it's all over. I have too many gripes with ebay to consider selling...only exception would be the cream of rarez fetching major price. Some folks do considerably better on ebay ( Raj, funkyou! ), who have a large audeience.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• covecove 1,566 Posts

me neither.
    although i'm getting my first credit card in a week or so and am starting to get scared.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    eBay allows me to enjoy the gay record shut-in lifestyle to the fullest. For this I am thankful.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    ebay is great.. especially for a married with children desk job type of guy like myself.

I have learned NOT to think shit won't turn up again. I put in my max bid on auctionsniper and if I lose, I lose. I usually lose.

Thank god for Mp3s!

As for selling, I used to be hard core before my kids started eating up all my time. I have dealt with the occasional a-hole... but all and all my auctions have attracted serious collectors who pay on time and value my service. Over the years I have developed a system where it isn't such a hassle. I'm about to get heavy into selling again for the fall season ... so look out!

Hell yeah "RAJ" we need another auction with mad raers!!
    I auction off alot of shit on Ebay, I no longer bid on records. I get into the "buY it now" habit if a record is cheap but I just say no to bidding.If I want a record now I just E mail/phone call sellers. collectors/ ss set sales/waxidermy set sales...

• i dont f with it much anymore at all.
    would rather not sell on their either.
    but im about to due to a financial situation

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    You gotta be daft not to use it. Bulk-buy & sell by the piece BUT you got to be disciplined about your time-management. I managed to finance a trip to Australia all thanks to the bay.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    I've sold some stuff on there to good results.. i am considering doing a soulstrut set sale sometime soon though.. the fees can be annoying and you have to wait 7 days!

Did anyone else try to touch jaymacks avatar? (no AYO) i thought there was a fucking bug trapped in my screen.. that shit would be the ultimate

i hear that reynaldo does not fuck with eBay anymore