anybody know about flood damage?

tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
and how to dry out a house?its a shell...all its got is old woodfloors. but the joists underneath are damp to the touch. all the water is out...the pipes spilled water onto the floor for about 12 hours (crackhead copper pipe related). i got dehumidifiers and fans, but not sure what else i can do to speed up drying.thanks,t

Comments

• you can call one of those professional clean-up services, they will bring industrial strength dehumidifiers... other than that you've got it covered.

Damn crackheads!

Sorry to hear it bro. Get a mean dog

• yeah i was thinking of renting one of those industrial joints

someone suggested getting a croc

• someone suggested getting a croc

That would be very thug of you

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    what now? crackheads stole copper piping that somehow resulted in the flooding of your house? fuckin wack.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    yeah i was thinking of renting one of those industrial joints

someone suggested getting a croc

Renting the pro stuff is the way to go. Some places may have a dessicant dehumidifier. They're a little big, but they work fast. Simplex is a good name for this ish. I think they're in the USA

peace

h

• thanks yall, i'm gonna try to rent one tomorrow and ask for simplex

yeah two idiot crackheads broke in, started ripping pipe, got showered on and ran off. they left a couple power tools and didnt take anything except a flashlight.

im an idiot too, cause i had no security system, no homeowners insurance (cant afford it right now for a house "under construction") and hence,12 hours of flooding on the first floor. basement absorbed a lot of it, but theres mildew down there right now showing up on the joists.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    Tony Holler at my PM... you may need some of my tools...

• ZekeZeke 221 Posts
    I'll be out of town for Labor Day weekend until Monday night, but if you need any help with the clean-up in the evenings next week, let me know.