Mr Finewine Appreciation

jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
For years now ive been listening to Matts radio show online. Actually its one of the only radio shows ive listened to consistently. Always good music and rarely do you hear the same tracks played. If youve never listened to his show START NOW! http://www.wfmu.org/playlists/SV2007Keep playing those great tunes man! FanBoy4Life!

Comments

• HamHam 872 Posts
    cosign. this show has schooled me over the years

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    he is a veritable monster of all things rare,sweet,funk,soul,mod,northern related
    totally unfuckwithable

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Almost every time I find an amazing soul 45
    and google it for info, I find that FineWine
    already played it on his show years ago.

Props also for the Vital Organs comp.

When he was DJ'ing at FMU last year, and my boy
    P-Gunn introduced us, I couldn't help but trainspot
    some amazing 45 he had been playing a little while
    earlier. He had great stuff for sale, too.

By the way, he is actually a Soul Strut member,
    posted a few times in the short-lived Blackcrack
    invasion of a year or so back, but doesn't pop up
    too often.

• cosign. this show has schooled me over the years

me too

• he is a veritable monster of all things rare,sweet,funk,soul,mod,northern related
    totally unfuckwithable

Dude's crates are the deepest. Also a righteous dude.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    a righteous dude.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts

Props also for the Vital Organs comp.

Great collection!

In the past few days I've been listening to a lot of his old shows searching out new songs. At my weekly DJ night this past Thursday, folks were getting down hard and heavy to the rock em sock em soul tunes I spun (I usually focus more on funk and boogie) so, of course, I want to feed that fire. I've been finding Finewine's shows serve as an amazing resource to search out new songs (besides just being great shows to listen to).

Much appreciation indeed!

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    he is a veritable monster of all things rare,sweet,funk,soul,mod,northern related
    totally unfuckwithable

Dude's crates are the bottomless[/b].

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    he just sounds like a humble unassuming nice guy on the air too,always running a well rounded show.

he is consistently lacking the braggart/stuffy professor /know it all vibe of another well known funk collector who posts on this board and....ummmmm, cough, hack ,gag,,,, mostly on....spermidermy

maybe it was greg tormo who told me that finewine moved to the detroit area for awhile just so he could grip that good stuff?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    he is proof that all you need to be an amazing DJ is Superb Taste[/b] and Killer Records[/b] and he has shit tons of both. Viva la Finewine!

• wowza. i hope my funeral is this good.

glad to hear you fellows dig the show. thanks for the kind words.

m

• For years now ive been listening to Matts radio show online. Actually its one of the only radio shows ive listened to consistently. Always good music and rarely do you hear the same tracks played. If youve never listened to his show START NOW!

http://www.wfmu.org/playlists/SV2007

Keep playing those great tunes man!

FanBoy4Life!

OH HELL YES. all of my internet radio listening is like 80% WFMU and 20% KFJC. i love it. does this mr. finewine post here?

edit: NEVERMIND