Phoenix/Tucson

we_eat_trainswe_eat_trains 112 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Would like to catch some baseball on my way out to Vegas. Any other good things happening the first week of September? Restaurant recommendations? Is Pepe still around? Thanks for any help

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Would like to catch some baseball on my way out to Vegas. Any other good things happening the first week of September? Restaurant recommendations? Is Pepe still around? Thanks for any help

Pepe should still be around. Haven't seen or heard from dude in awhile, but I know dudes who have bought from him in the past year or so. I'll see if I still have his number.

Not sure when you were last here, but there's a new(ish) store that opened up called Twist 'N Shout. I haven't been there in awhile but I know Laserwolf JumpJump Dan found some stuff when he was here a couple months ago. (Speaking of which, where is he?? He hasn't posted in 3 weeks!!!) PDQ pka Judy's Records pka PDQ is supposedly selling everything half off but fuck those fools. You may come up 'cause as far as I know all us local dudes refuse to give that place our business.

There's not TOO much going on in Tucson that week, although I do have a Thursday night weekly downtown.

As far as restaurants, of course there's a whole lot of Mexican restaurants here. I would go so far to say there's a plethora (/Three_Amigos). If you want to try something a lil different, there's a Guatemalan spot called Maya Quetzal on 4th Ave. I'm far from a vegetarian, but everytime I go there I find myself ordering off that part of the menu. Spinach patties with walnuts...mmmmm. Make sure you substitute for the specialty rice!

That's all I can think of off hand. Do you know exact dates when you'll be in Tucson? I'm down to kick it if you'd like a taste of The Local Experience *PASUE*.

Herm

• Thanks Herm, the D-backs game is on Weds the 5th, and I don't have to be in Vegas till Friday. I'll drive out to Tucson on Thursday and come check out your night. I'll have a box of funk and soul singles with me if you feel like playing some tag. If not I'll just kick back and enjoy the sounds and the bourbon

Tony