Will.i.am saves Hip Hop

spencergroovnycespencergroovnyce 189 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
BELIEVE IT. WHAT DID YOU DO TO SAVE HIP HOP TODAY?Freestyle Session 10, the world's largest b-boy/b-girl battle, will be taking place at The Hollywood Paladium on 6214 Sunset Blvd in Hollywood CA this Saturday, August 25th and Sunday, August 26th. All ages are welcome at this ground-breaking event. Tickets are on sale now at groovetickets.com.Produced by Cros1, Freestyle Session first began as a small b-boy/b-girl gathering in November 1997. This year's competition marks the 10th anniversary of what has now become an annual assembly for Hip Hop communities worldwide. Over 100 dance crews from the US, Japan, Korea, Europe and other countries will be competing for $25,000 in cash and prizes. Freestyle Session 10: B-Boy/B-Girl Crew Battle $10,000 in cash and $10,000 in prizesJudges: Trac 2, Float, Troll and WicketFreestyle Session 10: Popping Crew Battle $2500 cash and $2500 in prizesJudges: Junior Boogaloo, Hugo and Boppin DreFreestyle Session 10: 2-on-2 Locking BattleJudges: Loose Caboose, Richie Rich and The Original Skeeter Rabbit Winners will be flown to the UK B-Boy Championships.The preliminary battles take place on Saturday. On Sunday winners will be crowned in the categories of breaking, popping and locking. DJs for each day include: Element, Abel, Charlie Rock, Renegade, Jus Jones, Batsu and more tba. Sunday will also feature host: Will.I.Am and performances by Slick Rick, DITC (AG, OC, Diamond D and Lord Finesse), One Be Lo and more!The Black Eyed Peas also provided funding for Freestyle Session 10 to reaffirm their support for the true b-boy/b-girl movement.[/b]Witness some of the greatest Hip Hop dancers from around the world performing at their best. This momentous occasion will also provide a greater appreciation for the foundational dance forms associated with Hip Hop culture: bgirling/bboying, popping, locking and uprocking and bring unity in spirit to the participants and spectators alike.Freestyle Session 10 Sponsors Include:T-Mobile, Scion, OkayPlayer.com, Jordan Brand, Frank 151The Black Eyed Peas, Armory Survival Gear, Tribal Gear, Serye Design & Mighty4

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

The Black Eyed Peas also provided funding for Freestyle Session 10 to reaffirm their support for the true b-boy/b-girl movement.[/b]

Fuck yes.

This why I can never ever hate on these guys.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    wow - I don't know what to be more thankful for - this or "I Got It From My Mama."

can't front on the DITC appearance though....but AG and no Showbiz?

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts

DJs for each day include: Element, Abel[/b] , Charlie Rock, Renegade, Jus Jones, Batsu and more tba.

Have known this dude for years now and continually KILLS it. Very under rated, but dude get's down and knows how to rock breaks...

• chasechase 767 Posts

DJs for each day include: Element, Abel[/b] , Charlie Rock, Renegade, Jus Jones, Batsu and more tba.

both these dudes have been holding it down forever, I feel privlaged to have rocked the tables with these dudes way back in the day, they let me and my partner get on bills back when we were just starting out...

not to mention they are about two of the nicest most humble guys you will ever meet.

VERSATILE DJS REPRESTENT!

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    anyone going to this? i'd be interested in hearing/seeing the results.