AMERICA APPRECIATON THREAD

BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
There are a lot of hating ass mufuckahs out there right now so this thread needed to be made. I'm in class right now otherwise I would post up some animated gifs of eagles and flags and shit. APPRECIATE.

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Brian, you da man. America is aiite. Peace on earth.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Nuke the whales and steal their oil!

Nuke the whales and steal their oil!

America don't give a fuck! For better and worse.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    VENTURA HIGHWAY!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    We got some work to do, but I love this country.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    VENTURA HIGHWAY!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

LOVE IT OR DIE!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    VENTURA HIGHWAY!

highway 1 forever

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    VENTURA HIGHWAY!

highway 1 forever

That's what I'm talking about.

America has EVERYTHING

What other country can you drive three days straight and not only still be in the same country but actually still WANT to be there.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts

bitches

bitches

BAN

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    the one thing that people fail to realize is that the people in this country are the most generous in the face of tragedy.

our government is stingy:

our people are amazing:
    http://www.nationmaster.com/red/pie/dis_tsu_fun_ple_by_ngo_and_pub-tsunami-funds-pledged-ngos-public

27% of all the private dontations for tsunami relief were from americans.

That Heatrock Auction made me patriotic.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Fuck yeah!

I love America, but I do think we're in desperate need of a renaissance. We're a young country in the world's stage with minimal history so we've been getting by borrowing cultures from all who immigrated here. We need a strong cultural identity to go along with our strong presence in the world.

What will the renaissance be? I dunno... art, music, fashion, education, etc. The real key is to reward those with actual talent and intelligence instead of those that are more marketable. How will we get there? I have no fucking clue!

Oh yeah... no offense to any other state, but when I go abroad I say I'm from California instead of America. I get a more welcoming response that way

• we're in desperate need of a renaissance.

indeed, indeed. we are also in desperate need of an Age of Enlightenment.

It does kind of feel like we are in the dark ages over here. wild puritanical nut jobs running everything. I think Scientists deserve more respect that priests. Then again, I'm going to hell.

bitches

BAN

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    point reyes yes

sonoma yes

mendocino yes

marin yes

oakland yes

san francisco yes

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Oh yeah... no offense to any other state, but when I go abroad I say I'm from California instead of America. I get a more welcoming response that way

I tell them I'm from Chicago and get the

Or more like the

People think Capone is still running things, it's crazy.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    I loved living in America and I really want to come back at some point. Hopefully soon...

I've stayed in the US for only 4 years and it's already 7 years that I've left but I still have more friends in NY than anywhere else in the world. (although I have too say that I don't have too many friends altogether...)

I've also travelled the states quite a bit, once I made 8.000 miles within 30 days. there's nothing that could compare to it. Beautiful country. All the sceneries you could possibly ask for and real nice, comfortable roads. Fuck a Autobahn and this stupidly suicidal "no speedlimit" bullshit.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Very cool place to visit. Been there ten times. Nevereverever gonna live there.

- J

PS: seriously, when I??ve told people I??m from Norway they ask what state it??s in. What is that all about? Do they really not teach (worldwide) geography in schools anymore? I heard Bush tried to eliminate that?

come on, we're almost there. I was waiting to see how long it would take for this to degenerate into a full-on anti-american bush-bashing derangement cluster fuck. We're at the America is great EXCEPT FOR... phase, so I say one more page at the outside.

come on, we're almost there. I was waiting to see how long it would take for this to degenerate into a full-on anti-american bush-bashing derangement cluster fuck. We're at the America is great EXCEPT FOR... phase, so I say one more page at the outside.

Are you one of these Americans that goes around chanting "We're #1! We're #1!". Believe me buddy that just ain't the case anymore.

And before you retort, yes I am originally from the UK and I choose to live here, and LOVE IT. I do think this country is great.

point reyes

Are you one of these Americans that goes around chanting "We're #1! We're #1!".

No. when you, and everbody else, know that you are number one, it is not necessary to chant it.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    thank you for the music.

Are you one of these Americans that goes around chanting "We're #1! We're #1!".

No. when you, and everbody else, know that you are number one, it is not necessary to chant it.

Hahahaha. Dude I just spit my tea out when I read that... you're laughs for days, keep 'em coming...

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

marin yes

Damn beautiful pics, I know you've been asked, but whats the camera yo?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    America, as land: love it.

America, as country:

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    when I??ve told people I??m from Norway they ask what state it??s in. What is that all about?

Many cities and towns in America are named after cities, towns, and yes, even countries in Europe. I live in Boston, which is named after an English town, which is part of a region called New England, which is named after....England. There are cities all over America named Paris, Berlin, London and Rome.

In fact, here are some American towns named Norway:

Norway, Indiana
    Norway, Iowa
    Norway, Maine
    Norway, Michigan
    Norway, New York
    Norway, South Carolina
    Norway, Wisconsin