Random Rap?NY Times Article

13»

Comments

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    Wondering if Noz has ever smoked a cocaine blunt...

Or at least sold one???

nope.

Most likely a good thing...

so what's your fucking point?
    dude, you aint real unless you blazed some wools.

Zactly...

As in how are you gonna understand half of the music you review when you ain't ever been in the proper mindstate?

I'm just pulling your leg by the way...

• RisingsonRisingson 696 Posts

Although TD's likely best known for his work w/ Poor Righteous, the Too Kool Posse ('Give 'Em a Sample') and the Idlers/Warlock sides he produced remain some of my favorite from that era - I used to buy 'em sh*ts blind if TD's credits were on there just 'cause you knew it was dope quality - best endorsement I know...

actually the Tony D that did the stuff on Idlers is not the same Tony D that produced Poor Righteous Teachers etc. Sorry, i just had to point that out.

on the obscure rap stuff, well theres a lot of stuff out their thats dope but due to poor distribution/limited pressing never really got a chance to shine and people like us are now digging them up, like it says on the back of the Hear No Evil CD "...for those who want to explore beyond the 12"s we all loved(/love) on labels like Cold Chillin, Zakia & B-Boy...", and thats what I do. I love hip hop, especially stuuf from the late 80s/early 90s, and I personally just want to dig as deep as I can, not because its all the rage but because I want to.

obviously there are a lots of shit records out there aswell, just because something is obscure/rare doesn't mean its dope (Frozen Explosion LP anyone?? ) . Some people just haven't realised that yet though.