Daptone on MTV

SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Have folks seen these?http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1567452&vid=169774http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1567452&vid=169799Pretty nice look into the studios and credit where its due for Sharon.

Comments

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    I saw this. Good for them. Then MTV showed some Winehouse video. She's not very cute.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    About damn time they get some Television shine! Big ups!

- spidey

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Thanks for posting this, who's going to the Apollo in Oct? Show'd these to the my girl, who is taking a crash course in Sharon Jones before the show, so these were a nice introduction beyond having Naturally playing in the crib here and there.

• that's fresh. what a nice studio. anyone notice "lotus land" on the retailers map?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I caught a brief glimpse of my Lee Fields flyer from 4 years ago...Neal told me it was his favorite of the tour and that he was gonna hang it up at the studio...sniff *wipes tear*..he didnt lie, he really did like it!

• About damn time they get some Television shine! Big ups!

I wanna go there and be schooled.

• BeatsoupBeatsoup 511 Posts
    copywrights restrict this video from playing outside the US

• AbendAbend 5 Posts
    nice post. thanks

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
    Great videos! Good to see Sharon get some shine!!

I just watched it and I am in Hong Kong. Maybe only some countries?

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I just watched it and I am in Hong Kong. Maybe only some countries?

No probs here either. Nice to see the Daptone folks get some mainstream shine, and I'm surprised they gave the whole technical aspect (tape machines, mics etc.) that much airtime.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    I got that shirt. My friend gave it to me after he got to see them live, and I, who introduced him to Daptone, didn??t. What a nice guy.

- J