The distorted view of America thing

13»

Comments

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Are there tons of kids? Perhaps there isn't enough "regular room" in the car?
    I'm not saying this is making it cool, but perhaps it explains it a lot better than "punishment" for something.

oh, i am going to give the parent the benefit of the doubt that this decision was made out of what seemed like necessity, but that still does not excuse it. nor do i feel it really justifies ignoring it.

but i am willing to admit that this is just my opinion. i am sure there is plenty to debate about whether the realities of a situation outweigh any possibilities of something bad happening.

risk vs reward?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I saw it on Cops. 2 dudes in a trunk cuz too many dudes in the car already. They were knocking on the trunk to get out; it was kinda funny in a sad way.

• DUDES, Y'ALL NEED TO GET TO THE UNATTAINABLE LATINAS THREAD POSTHASTE!!!

All of those chicks look like the typical girl you might see in the LES or Fordham Road or what have you. Quite attainable and unnecessary to post here

a) It's better than this bullschitt

and

b) It's better than the rednecks and pregnant ladies in my workpiece. Y'know...until I can make it out to the high-dollar skrip club for my regular Filet lunch w/ boobies.

Dude, as much as I appreciate the props, you're one of the few real motherfuckaz on here. Most of these other foolios consider themselves too highbrow and forward-thinking and sensitive to appreciate good ol' American smut. Now, if you had some hipster photographer snappin these and putting them in a 40 dollar coffee table book, they'd have a whole different outlook on this subject matter. They'd ruminate on the artistic merit and how powerful and beautiful women are and blablahblah bullshit. These fools need a wake up call... eat a steak, ask your wifey to give you your balls back long enough to fuck the lving shit outta her instead of the usual Sunday vegan brunch with her boring ass artsy, trust fund friends and antique shopping you've been trained (emasculated) to enjoy....Jeez, what happened to this place?

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    Ummm, I don't really see what the moral quandry is here, kids need to not be put in trunks, that's just so plain to me. Make a call.

• Ummm, I don't really see what the moral quandry is here, kids need to not be put in trunks, that's just so plain to me. Make a call.

Thank You...

Always count on Anna to cut through the nonsense.

• mr.brettmr.brett 678 Posts
    America is no different than the rest of the world, it's just a bigger example of humanity, so all of its miniscule shortcomings are bigger than the country of Luxembourg.

So Wrong.

The US consumes a greatly disproportional amount of the worlds limited recorces for starters.

but america creates an even more disproportionate amount of the worlds wealth. Now go and find a terrorist to appease, eurotrash.

You sound asshurt.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    no, there were no other people with her. I think I will just continue to mind my own business, though it was quite shocking to witness.

stop snitching?

...if something happened to the kids you'd feel terrible, no? if you don't feel up to confronting the person, i am sure an anonymous call to child protective services may be in order.

looking out for others is nothing that you should regret. just sayin.

edit: are we talking about an SUV or like a car's trunk (i.e. mob style)?

Mob Style. I dunno see, there was a thread in the Derm about a Dude who wanted to report his neighbors for yelling at their kids and being "white trash hillbillys" I didnt think it was right to report the family without knowing the circumstances. And it seemed the dude was being judgemental as fuck.

This house has gotten increasingly loud and lots of screaming over the months. The kids are up at midnight when I get home, I know they are not in a good situation, But I dont really know the whole situation either. Maybe she cant afford car seats??[/b] I guess since I was so anti-child services before, now I've witnessed things that actually merit a call, I don't want to be a hypocrite. Sometimes calling them is good, other times it is bad.

Then she should have taken the bus.

I may have missed it, but how old are the kids?

How does it work in the States? Will this woman get a warning and some paretning classes or will the kids be taken away almost right away?

Does putting her kids in the trunk warrant them being taken away from her, getting into the system and possibly separated from each other? If you have noticed things getting worse at the house (though kids being up til midnight in the summer doesn't seem like a big deal to me), a visit from child services to see what else is going on would be a good idea.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    no, there were no other people with her. I think I will just continue to mind my own business, though it was quite shocking to witness.

stop snitching?

...if something happened to the kids you'd feel terrible, no? if you don't feel up to confronting the person, i am sure an anonymous call to child protective services may be in order.

looking out for others is nothing that you should regret. just sayin.

edit: are we talking about an SUV or like a car's trunk (i.e. mob style)?

Mob Style. I dunno see, there was a thread in the Derm about a Dude who wanted to report his neighbors for yelling at their kids and being "white trash hillbillys" I didnt think it was right to report the family without knowing the circumstances. And it seemed the dude was being judgemental as fuck.

This house has gotten increasingly loud and lots of screaming over the months. The kids are up at midnight when I get home, I know they are not in a good situation, But I dont really know the whole situation either. Maybe she cant afford car seats??[/b] I guess since I was so anti-child services before, now I've witnessed things that actually merit a call, I don't want to be a hypocrite. Sometimes calling them is good, other times it is bad.

Then she should have taken the bus.

I may have missed it, but how old are the kids?

How does it work in the States? Will this woman get a warning and some paretning classes or will the kids be taken away almost right away?

Does putting her kids in the trunk warrant them being taken away from her, getting into the system and possibly separated from each other? If you have noticed things getting worse at the house (though kids being up til midnight in the summer doesn't seem like a big deal to me), a visit from child services to see what else is going on would be a good idea.

supposedly they should be taken out of the house while investigated although in my experience its not always the case. As for parenting class, that would require court action which would be a whole 'nother thing.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I'm sorry, but all these excuses are bullshit - call em.

If there's no room in the car for the kids, make room.

If she can't afford car seats she can call WIC. Here in California they won't let you leave the hospital without a car seat and will provide one for families who can't afford one.

Even if you call the cops and the kids are no longer in the car, maybe that bitch will think twice about putting her kids in the trunk.

• last time i rented a car, the trunk had a door handle on the inside. Is this normal? Maybe they'll put saftey belts in next.

• You won't be taking all of those Gucci handbags,$450,000 sunglasses and piles of money when you are six feet under and rolling around in dirt, so what is the fucking point?.

So what do I need then? A shovel?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

You won't be taking all of those Gucci handbags,$450,000 sunglasses and piles of money when you are six feet under and rolling around in dirt, so what is the fucking point?.

and a snorkel. a really long one. a reed would do.

I remember this one episode of the incredible hulk when david banner was hiding underwater in a swamp (some bikers were after him) and he used a reed as a snorkel.

how fucking cool is that?

but really, why didnt he just get angry, get green and get to ass-kicking.

That always pissed me off about that fucking show... david banner was such a fucking pussy.

• You won't be taking all of those Gucci handbags,$450,000 sunglasses and piles of money when you are six feet under and rolling around in dirt, so what is the fucking point?.

I remember this one episode of the incredible hulk when david banner was hiding underwater in a swamp (some bikers were after him) and he used a reed as a snorkel.

That always pissed me off about that fucking show... david banner was such a fucking pussy.

BEST POST OF THE DAY![/b]

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

You won't be taking all of those Gucci handbags,$450,000 sunglasses and piles of money when you are six feet under and rolling around in dirt, so what is the fucking point?.

Banner was a pussy but Ferrigno is the bee's knees

http://www.louferrigno.com/training.asp

• Adrian, I'm not gonna look at your thread because it says NSFW and I'm AW, although I would rather be AH drinking a B.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts

i am sure you have good intentions, i guess i am just looking at this at a much more direct level. yelling at kids vs putting them in the trunk of your car are two VERY DIFFERENT issues.

I agree, I have been seeing things going down at this house for about 6 months or so. Seemed like there was a lot of "activity" before the kids moved in about 3 months ago. I heard one dude getting his ass beat over some drug shit late at night last spring. The traffic has chilled since the kids moved in but I don't know what the situation is or who is living there.

and to bring this full circle, perhaps we as a nation are becoming too complacent with looking out for each other (and please don't take that as a diss, i think all of us seem to be going this way nowadays). i don't think we need to apologize if you really have another persons best intentions in mind.

I totally agree with this as well. Definitely being somewhat complacent thinking it isn't my place to say or do anything. Again, I have very little facts aside from seeing her put them in the trunk.

I don't know for sure that they are drug dealers it just appears that way. I hear them yelling at the kids all the time. I know the kids are up late screaming and crying all the time. And I know they kids are under 5..one is a toddler. When I came home during the afternoon the toddler was basically roaming the sidewalk with cars zipping by while some dude sat on his ass yelling at the kid to " get over here"

I guess I am coming to the realization that it is not a good scene and they kids are most likely in some danger, but Im not sure if it is at the root of mis-education, neglect or the state of american distortion. It doesnt really matter though.

Sure it has something to do with all that. And I am still a little but shocked by what I saw and heard. I guess I could wake up at the same time and see if it happens everyday ( don't generally get up @9am but had an appt. today) And I thought it was weird when they had left their trunk open they other day too.

I haven't talked to Void about it yet either. So the SS consensus says to make the call? its probably best not to wait too long to decide huh?. The system sucks and the whole process is depressing...who knows what will happen, I would feel very guilty if something did though while they were living there. It also would make me feel bad to see a family split up too though. I guess reporting it is the right thing to do.

• You and I are cut form the same cloth, me brethren... check those sleazy hoes out when ya get home...

• You and I are cut form the same cloth, me brethren... check those sleazy hoes out when ya get home...

Will do. Man, I need to make a trip up to LA again soon. I have peoples that I miss!

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Again, I have very little facts aside from seeing her put them in the trunk.

And I am still a little but shocked by what I saw and heard.

You don't think those are good enough reasons to be like "yo, some lady on my block just threw her 2 babies in the trunk"?

If that lady cared about her kids, the LEAST she could have done was put a seatbelt on em instead of throwing them in the trunk to roll around when she hits a stop light. Jesus.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts

You don't think those are good enough reasons to be like "yo, some lady on my block just threw her 2 babies in the trunk"?

If that lady cared about her kids, the LEAST she could have done was put a seatbelt on em instead of throwing them in the trunk to roll around when she hits a stop light. Jesus.

maybe she's using velcro strips?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

really.

Call the cops.

• Again, I have very little facts aside from seeing her put them in the trunk.

really.

Call the cops.

Yes, it took three pages to come to this glaringly obvious conclusion.

• Maybe those kids were trying to ruin hip hop...? What else was she suppose to do? Save hip hop, of course.

• DUDES, Y'ALL NEED TO GET TO THE UNATTAINABLE LATINAS THREAD POSTHASTE!!!

All of those chicks look like the typical girl you might see in the LES or Fordham Road or what have you. Quite attainable and unnecessary to post here

a) It's better than this bullschitt

and

b) It's better than the rednecks and pregnant ladies in my workpiece. Y'know...until I can make it out to the high-dollar skrip club for my regular Filet lunch w/ boobies.

Dude, as much as I appreciate the props, you're one of the few real motherfuckaz on here.

YA HEARD??

"I'm just a cracka that loves titties."

• cdrs88cdrs88 48 Posts
    I mean here is a good example, Victoria fucking Beckham a talentless, stick with dumb fake tits that fell in love with the all of the vapid, camera whores and attention seekers, she admired them and became one of them and if you look at her ten or so years ago, she looked nothing like that and looked normal.

She's British

Furthermore, Victoria Beckham's lifestyle choices are her own responsibility. She was a no-talent, shallow, self-obsessed mediocrity back when most of the world thought Paris Hilton was the name of a hotel.

I know she is British and now she lives in LA and is one of them, that was my point

This thread can't be that bad if it's more than a :5pager:

I understand some people will hate on my views and opinion and I was just trying to get different perspectives.

Thanks to those that did get what I was saying

Peace

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    I'm not gonna delve into this too deep - but unless that woman is sneaking her kids into a drive through, there's no reason on earth to put kids in a trunk. That's one step away from dragging them behind the damn car, so please call someone.