A question for Batmon.

Egbert_SouseEgbert_Souse 920 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
OK, so I know your specialty is Batman, but I have a superman question and you seem to be pretty in to comic books.How does superman have muscles? I've been thinking about it, and if earths gravity affects him in a way that he is super strong, then it would be practically impossible for him to build muscles. How would he lift weights? everything is easy for him to pick up, so it would be like me lifting a soda can. Even if I did it all day I wouldn't get any muscles. I think in real life superman would be super flabby because nothing would give him a good workout. How would he burn fat? Go for a run? how many laps around earth would he have to do to even get tired?Something is fishy. There is no way superman could have those muscles.

Comments

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    yeah great
    anyway
    you [BATMON]must be psyched for the new dark night movie that is coming out
    sounds like it'll revive the franchise which faded into velveeta land
    the new costume will have a neck that actually turns
    yippy

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    More importantly, could Jesus microwave a burrito so hot that even he couldn't eat it?

• if by jesus you mean "hay-soos", then yes.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    OK, so I know your specialty is Batman, but I have a superman question and you seem to be pretty in to comic books.

How does superman have muscles? I've been thinking about it, and if earths gravity affects him in a way that he is super strong, then it would be practically impossible for him to build muscles. How would he lift weights? everything is easy for him to pick up, so it would be like me lifting a soda can. Even if I did it all day I wouldn't get any muscles.

I think in real life superman would be super flabby because nothing would give him a good workout. How would he burn fat? Go for a run? how many laps around earth would he have to do to even get tired?

Something is fishy. There is no way superman could have those muscles.

Superman's Kryptoninan physique is an organic battery that stores and processes our "yellow frequency" solar energy. So under the the sunlight he would be absorbing our Sunlight. At night time, i would think his body would reroute that stored energy to the parts of the body that he uses. That's my guess.

In modern times - like on Smallville the writers have been tooling w/ the new idea that his powers have slowly developed over time. The "battery" is full around young adulthood. In the old days, Kal-El had heat vision as a baby.

Many of your questions cant be applied to an Alien physiology because the rules arent applicable.

And its just fantasy in the first place. Let it be.

Last time I spoke to Clark, he said he used his X-Ray vision on you and you didnt wash your hands after you shit. Nasty Bastard.

yeah great
    anyway
    you [BATMON]must be psyched for the new dark night movie that is coming out
    sounds like it'll revive the franchise which faded into velveeta land
    the new costume will have a neck that actually turns
    yippy

Late pass dude. Batman Begins already "revitalized" Movie Batman.

• OK, so I know your specialty is Batman, but I have a superman question and you seem to be pretty in to comic books.

How does superman have muscles? I've been thinking about it, and if earths gravity affects him in a way that he is super strong, then it would be practically impossible for him to build muscles. How would he lift weights? everything is easy for him to pick up, so it would be like me lifting a soda can. Even if I did it all day I wouldn't get any muscles.

I think in real life superman would be super flabby because nothing would give him a good workout. How would he burn fat? Go for a run? how many laps around earth would he have to do to even get tired?

Superman's Kryptoninan physique is an organic battery that stores and processes our "yellow frequency" solar energy. So under the the sunlight he would be absorbing our Sunlight. At night time, i would think his body would reroute that stored energy to the parts of the body that he uses. That's my guess.

In modern times - like on Smallville the writers have been tooling w/ the new idea that his powers have slowly developed over time. The "battery" is full around young adulthood. In the old days, Kal-El had heat vision as a baby.

Many of your questions cant be applied to an Alien physiology because the rules arent applicable.

Last time I spoke to Clark, he said he used his X-Ray vision on you and you didnt wash your hands after you shit. Nasty Bastard.

Now I remember why I still bother to hang around this place. Great post.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    OK, so I know your specialty is Batman, but I have a superman question and you seem to be pretty in to comic books.

Now I remember why I still bother to hang around this place. Great post.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that
    we got this far into the thread without Batmon
    posting a pic. I figured he'd bust out some new
    World-Premiere shit for this one ...

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    thats true,dude is usually with the comix pics.

Clark Kent's Kryptonian body acts as a solar battery absorbing solar energy which can then be used as various remarkable powers. If Earth had a red sun like Krypton's, Clark would not have these powers. Using his powers causes Clark to use up his stored yellow sun energy. He can lose his powers if he expends a lot of energy quickly (e.g. during his battle with the monster Doomsday) or if he spends too much time away from a yellow sun while in outer space. When low on solar energy, Clark can 'recharge' if exposed to a source of yellow sun energy. The rate at which he 'recharges' can vary. When he has absorbed excess solar energy, his power levels have been above normal until the excess power is burned up.[/b]

All-Star Superman is one of the hottest books out. Dont sleep.

• I knew I picked the right person to ask!