4hero podcast / Jerry Peters appreciation

paquelaspaquelas 206 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
http://marc4hero.podomatic.com/entry/2007-08-21T11_46_11-07_00
Track list:melinda Latino - Jerry Butler & Jerry PetersIf You Leave Me Now - Jerry PetersOnly One Can Win - SylversMisdemeanor - Foster SylversCheck It Out - The Friends Of DestinctionI'm Gonna Love You Just.. - Jimmy SmithLove Song - Jerry PetersNever My Love - Gloria LynneI Know Myself - SylversWhat's It All About - SylversWe Can Make It If We Try - SylversWhen I'm Near You - Foster feat. Pat & AngieI need You - Friends Of DistinctionJourney From The Light - BrainstormAS - Gene Harris

Comments

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    While we appreciatin', may as well put in a plug for Peters' 1972 album, Blueprint For Discovery. If you liked J.R. Bailey's Just You & Me or Angelo Bond's Bondage, you'll love this. Modern soul before it became modern soul. It's evident the guy from the Friends of Distinction got his vocal style for "Going In Circles" straight from Peters himself.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Great mix and thanks for the recommendation, Pickwick. I'm picking that record up on the strength. Connecting the dots.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I think he was also in a Fifth Dimension/Friends of Distinction-ish group called Black Magic, who had one album on Atco.