Wicky Wicky Air Scratching (Duck related)

djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
i've played in a few different cities and i think i've only seen this in mpls...drunk douche bag comes up to dj booth, holds hands 6 inches over turntable and pretends to scratch record and looks at dj with stupid "i'm doing something funny" grin. dj holds his stoic unimpressed expression. drunk douche bag does it again to same results. dj thinks how satisfying it would be to bounce a long island glass off drunk douche bag's prick-style, store bought, "ross" hair cut, but doesn't knowing chaos would erupt and well paying dj gig would be lost.i almost lost my patience this weekend.

Comments

• you're not air-scratching correctly unless you got one hand holding the invisible headphone.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    you're not air-scratching correctly unless you got one hand holding the invisible headphone.

...and really, if you didn't know this at the very least, you have no business as a serious air scratcher. I mean this is 101 shit here peoples.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    you're not air-scratching correctly unless you got one hand holding the invisible headphone.

...and really, if you didn't know this at the very least, you have no business as a serious air scratcher. I mean this is 101 shit here peoples.

PEEP THE CRAB!!

I played some records for a little bit saturday night at the Global Backpacker's Village in Toronto. It's a little hostel at King and Spadina. A friend of a friend was throwing a little birthday party but the placee was also booked with bands. So I just ended up playing some older hip hop at the end of the night. Right before I was packing up, some drunk dude comes up and asks if he can "make the drum sound," while air-scratching. Before I could even say no, he had already apologized for asking and said something about "doing it once before." He was pretty nice about it really. Had he stuck around I probably would have let him cut up a breaks record while I tore down lol.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    where does the Duck come in?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hahah. I've met "that guy." What a fool!

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    i play a full drum set on the street on friday nights to make extra cash (which i do) and trust me, i think with pretty much any type of performance, theres gonna be a dude like this.

i wish i could tell you how many fuckin hand-over-hand air-drumming dudes i see every friday.

at least the dude didnt actually try to touch your equipment, dudes are always walking by stopping for a second to do a hand roll on my rack tom or hit a cymbal with their hand, its like do you not realize that doesnt make a fucking sound?

the air dj thing is probably the king of all annoying shit though. i hate when people talk to me about something and bust out the air dj.

i hate when people talk to me about something and bust out the air dj.

Like dudes just punctuate their sentences with cuts and shit?

"Yo that job called back for a second interview, man! WICKI-WICKI-WACKI-ZIGGA-ZIG-FREEESSSH"

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts

duck = douche bag, nerd, herb, meathead

yeah, at least he didn't touch anything but those douche's come really close to knocking the tone arm sometimes...

me and my man were playing at the same place once and the homie had a cdj with him and drunk douche bag (might of been the same guy as far as i could tell) came up and put his beer down on the spinning cdj!?!?!?!?! realizing what he did he quickly picked up his beer and zugga zuggaed the song back in!

• where does the Duck come in?

really? this must be a regional thing

really? this must be a regional thing

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    from our good friends at dictionary.com

duck 1 (dŭk) Pronunciation Key
    n.
    1 - Any of various wild or domesticated swimming birds of the family Anatidae, characteristically having a broad, flat bill, short legs, and webbed feet.
    2 - A female duck.
    3 - The flesh of a duck used as food.
    4 - Slang A person, especially one thought of as peculiar.[/b]
    5 - Chiefly British A dear. Often used in the plural with a singular verb.

or more specifically as old school hip hop slang for a herb.