• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Have you seen this one?

• "Would you like to borrow my jumper, Bowie?"

This show is fucking genius.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts

Tape Deck vs. Bret

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    WHEN WILL THEY HOST AN MTV AWARD SHOW OHMIGOSH I CAN'T WAIT.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    One episode, think it was the one before last I thought was a total bomb. Completely unfunny. The rest were genius like the flipping the bird sequences. Music is just ridiculously good sometimes such as this:

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    One episode, think it was the one before last I thought was a total bomb. Completely unfunny. The rest were genius like the flipping the bird sequences. Music is just ridiculously good sometimes

Not sure they've ever quite reached the highs of the pilot, but besides that one terd, they've all really been pretty entertaining. Easily the best new comedy since 30 Rock....

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    Arj Barker - I don't know what you faggots do in Europe but this is the United States

Bret and Jermaine - We're from New Zealand

Arj Barker - Yeah... Probably!

I pretty much think it's been getting better with each episode. It's getting pretty heavily Murray-centric last two eps. That Mermaid song is killing it.

"are you a lonely sailor's drunken wish?
    or are you just an optical illusion,
    caused by a woman,
    sitting on a rock,
    holding up a fish?"

The scene from the last eqpisode in the bathroom when the guy is on acid was just amazing! I don't want to give away any more details for those that haven't seen it yet.

• saw this dude (Rhys Darby) do standup the other day at the Edinburgh Festival...

sound effects & general hilarity

• cdrs88cdrs88 48 Posts
    The scene from the last episode in the bathroom when the guy is on acid was just amazing! I don't want to give away any more details for those that haven't seen it yet.

This is the funny thing, their own country hasn't even had ONE show aired yet, I am from where they are from, (same city and all and yes I know them if you were wondering) and we Wellingtonians and New Zealanders are very proud but we can't understand why we haven't had the show yet, when it was plastered all over the Newspaper and TV when they first got signed for the show.

• I caught this show while house sitting at my parents and then proceeded to watched every episode available on their "on demand" hook up. Funniest shit I've seen in years. For a quick second I thought about getting cable. Brilliant.

MCF

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

"Would you like to borrow my jumper, Bowie?"

This show is fucking genius.

I agree- i love it. But my girl thinks it's "guy" humor- is that true? Do any of the ladies on this board agree?

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    My girl loves it, but she's all about that dry british humor (I know they are kiwi).

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    conchords

my wife wasnt overly impressed at their stage show when she first watched it... now she gets upset with me when i want to read instead of watching sundays newest episode with her. shes hooked...

WOT... WOT...

My girlfriend likes it but thinks it's just for "Nerds." I take that personally! And if she's right, what the hell is she doing watching it with me?!?!?!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Bowies In Space was a incredible.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i love that they have one fan that follows them around. this show is instant classic

• I just finished watching the first season, and it's got me hooked. Despite the music sequences being kinda flat sometimes, there's something really appealing about it. My dude Murray has to be one of my favorite TV characters in a long time. Dude is hilarious! Any info on when the second season begins?