New Mix for Download: Catchdubs + Ayres

ayresayres 1,452 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Download: http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/the-rub/~5/145940683/superfriends.mp3Stream: http://www.brooklynradio.net/shows/the-rubIf you're like me and you still buy CDs, you can get it here: http://www.djayres.com/mixtapes/store.htm, here: http://www.catchdubs.com and here: http://www.labcabin.com/cds/0/0/21949.html1. Gary Numan - M.E.2. Depeche Mode - Policy of Truth3. Squeeze - Take Me I'm Yours4. Partial Arts - Trauermusic (Alter Ego Mix)5. Kaos - My Reputation6. The Cardigans - Love Fool (Catchdubs Bongo Edit)7. The Gossip - Standing in the Way of Control8. Speaker Junk - Foxy Lady9. Adam Kesher - Modern Times (908 Remix)10. Wolf & Cub - Thousand Cuts (Phones Remix)11. Metric - Handshakes12. Tones On Tail - Go13. The Kills - Love Is a Deserter (Cavemen Mix)14. Pixies - Alec Eiffel15. Devo - Mongoloid16. The Clash - Jail Guitar Doors17. The Presets - Are You The One (Van She Tech NYC Rush Mix)18. !!! - All My Heroes Are Weirdos19. Snowden - Kill The Power20. Maximum Joy - Stretch (99 Records Version)21. Pyschonauts - Hot Blood22. Harry Knuckles - Blisster23. Intriga - Nostalgia Dance Orchestra24. INXS - Original Sin25. Psychedelic Furs - Love My Way26. Hot Chip - Colours (Fred Falke Remix)27. Robert Lippok & Barbara Morgenstern - Please Wake Me For MealsA few years ago Milk Bar in San Francisco approached me and Nick about setting up a rotating residency - every month would be me or Nick plus a special guest, so for example Nick and Low-Bee one month, me and Paul Nice the next, Nick and Morse Code the next, and so on. We threw around a few ideas for themes and I came up with Super Friends, and Nick liked it because it meant he could flip comic book covers on the flyers, and he came up with a super hot logo. We went out and DJed the first party and it went well. Milk liked the name and flyer concept so much they decided to make Super Friends a weekly, with resident DJ Vin Sol. Nick continued to design the Super Friends flyers but our monthly residency wasn't to be. It's all love though. I'll be back out at Milk in October for the first time in almost two years to DJ at Morse Code's CD release party. Nick and I had been talking about doing a mix CD together for a long time, and when we finally got our shit together, the vibe we agreed on was dance rock records - some new wave, some punk, some newer electro shit. We did it as Super Friends because even though we aren't as involved in the party as we originally planned to be, we did come up with a hot concept and Vin Sol and Morse Code are our people and were into it. Another person I have to acknowledge is Scott from Ten Deep - he and I were going to do a rock mixtape, but we're both so busy all the time it never came together. I got a few of these records from him when we were planning the Ten Deep mixtape. So here it is finally, enjoy.

Comments

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    listening now.

Thanks you!

• scebasceba 122 Posts
    Gonna put it in my MP3 player tomorrow!
    Thanks!!!

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    [quote2. Depeche Mode - Policy of Truth

I always liked this jam and this record:

I'm not ashamed!!!

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    thanks.
    looks interesting!

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

1. Gary Numan - M.E.
    2. Depeche Mode - Policy of Truth
    3. Squeeze - Take Me I'm Yours
    4. Partial Arts - Trauermusic (Alter Ego Mix)
    5. Kaos - My Reputation
    6. The Cardigans - Love Fool (Catchdubs Bongo Edit)
    7. The Gossip - Standing in the Way of Control
    8. Speaker Junk - Foxy Lady
    9. Adam Kesher - Modern Times (908 Remix)
    10. Wolf & Cub - Thousand Cuts (Phones Remix)
    11. Metric - Handshakes
    12. Tones On Tail - Go
    13. The Kills - Love Is a Deserter (Cavemen Mix)
    14. Pixies - Alec Eiffel
    15. Devo - Mongoloid
    16. The Clash - Jail Guitar Doors
    17. The Presets - Are You The One (Van She Tech NYC Rush Mix)
    18. !!! - All My Heroes Are Weirdos
    19. Snowden - Kill The Power
    20. Maximum Joy - Stretch (99 Records Version)
    21. Pyschonauts - Hot Blood
    22. Harry Knuckles - Blisster
    23. Intriga - Nostalgia Dance Orchestra
    24. INXS - Original Sin
    25. Psychedelic Furs - Love My Way
    26. Hot Chip - Colours (Fred Falke Remix)
    27. Robert Lippok & Barbara Morgenstern - Please Wake Me For Meals

So here it is finally, enjoy.
    Thanks, I've been on this vibe for a minute now. I have been banging quite a few of these tracks at the crib this summer. As always, good stuff.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    this shit is fuckin great.
    the riff on that first track is

thanks again.
    i need to put on my 80's ray bans.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    this is a really fun mix. thanks! i love the hendrix and the devo (and the dm )

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Man, this looks AMAZING! Can??t wait to hear it!

Thank you very much, I swear I will get the Scandinavian Massive together and make a pigrimage to The Rub.

- J

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    SS needs more mixes like this.

Goodness.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    DANCE ROCK! Thank you!

• SS needs more mixes like this.

Goodness.

thanxx

hard as Funkt

• looks great. Thanks!

• sergserg 682 Posts
    man I just found out about Wolf & Cub, I like those dudes. About to peep this mix right now

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Oh shit I saw Serg reply and thought he was going to be hatting.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    serg played me some wolf & cub over the internet last week that was pretty good, i need to get familiar.

i heard some snowden songs awhile ago that i didn't care for but the one on this mix is killing it. i've been playing it a lot today. thanks for sharing. i also believe theeecasualmale will be in town as well for morse's cd release party in october. do u party karaoke?

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    ive always felt "M.E." is the[/b] best Gary Numan track! great choice for the starter.

thanks mucho

"Me I eat dust..."