Rosetta Stone / Language Learning

DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Anyone mess with these? I want to learn French but don't really have time for classes.

Comments

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    i was planning on getting the Japanese one until I realized it's like $800 or something ridiculous like that. I just got some CDs from the library and put them on my comp.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    I just copped the Greek one. Keep in mind I'm not super deep into it yet, but it definately seems to be a very bare bones program. They don't really explain grammar and concepts, or even give you the english translations of the words they're presenting. Its mainly looking at a picture series, listening or reading a corresponding statement, and picking the right answer. But maybe that's the trick because so far words and sentence structures have been sticking in my head much better than before I got it. I recommend it but it also helps immensely to have a bilingual dictionary, and an actual book on the language to be able to look through as well.

• I wanted to try their spanish set up but then saw the price tag. Ouch!

Solution: I found a crack for it on Demonoid that I'm going to try along with classes at my local community college.

I feel limited and lame speaking only one language - so american.

MCF

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    i have the russian. i like it.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I have the Ebonics. I like it.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    can we submit pictures and matching words for the ebonics edition or

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    can we submit pictures and matching words for the ebonics edition or

wreka sto

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I took the full edition off of some ladys hard drive last year. I really wish I had more time to sit and mess with it.

- spidey