Remix Thread

HamHam 872 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
These are always nice.this is a remix of cassie's "me & u"post some remixes!

Comments

• Ha ha, nice. Clever

Posted in another thread but HEY!!!!

http://www.tazacacao.com/musica/tPcast/supacutz1b.mp3

a mix of six remixed tracks

• HamHam 872 Posts
    I've benn listening to yours a couple of times now, and it's great! i like it.

• here's the high res mp3 of the joint I shared last week:

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    These are always nice.

this is a remix of cassie's "me & u"

post some remixes!

this is a good beginning. the vocal gets choppy and really off beat in places. i'd also like to hear the resonant synth come in a little earlier in the verses and some other arrangement changes. great start tho.
    that beat is really killin it.

Spoon Remixes:

Dah You Evah Doh

Overbooked Ghost (Solid Groove & Sinden Potpouri)

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    A little summin i was messing with today:

Super Trans Am Cassanova:

• I've benn listening to yours a couple of times now, and it's great! i like it.

Thanks.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    These are always nice.

post some remixes!

this is a good beginning. the vocal gets choppy and really off beat in places. i'd also like to hear the resonant synth come in a little earlier in the verses and some other arrangement changes. great start tho.
    that beat is really killin it.

Spoon Remixes:

Dah You Evah Doh

Overbooked Ghost (Solid Groove & Sinden Potpouri)

thanks dude. i don't know why i never get motivated do it 100% perfect with the acapella etc, guess i should fix all that. i'll check yours out when i get home from work, usually great

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Nicole Willis & the Soul Investigators - Lovin This Music (Doc Delay Disco Edit)

• Nicole Willis & the Soul Investigators - Lovin This Music (Doc Delay Disco Edit)

nice!

• These are always nice.

post some remixes!

the homie elyeskobar killed a remix of this a while back...uptempo freestyle shit.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    sounded muddy so i fixed it up a little:

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

the homie elyeskobar killed a remix of this a while back...uptempo freestyle shit.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

oh man... i got all excited for a new remix when i saw you posted. booooooo.

• mr.brettmr.brett 678 Posts

oh man... i got all excited for a new remix when i saw you posted. booooooo.

Yeah U-Tern... coming into a remix post and not posting anything isn't right. I mean, I like your input and everything, but if it were up to me you would be locked in a cage and forced to make beats and remixes.

Is there anyway you could upload that remix you mentioned, or is it off limits?

• HamHam 872 Posts
    i got all excited for a new remix when i saw you posted. booooooo.

i'd like to hear it.

dudes from krazy fiestas remix of it is also killing it as hell

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I managed to get hold of an acappella of "Standing In The Way Of Control" by The Gossip, which I've been messing around with on and off over the last week or so. I got asked to play some records at a friend's barbecue last weekend, so I knocked off a really rough pass of this remix, and tried it out. Since it got a fairly favourable response, I thought I'd throw it up here.

I know I shouldn't make excuses for the quality, and I should get my shit sounding right before posting it up here, but I ought to point out that I only used a verse of the acappella just to see if the track worked with it, and the drums have got way too much compression on them (blame my shitty speakers). Nevertheless, while I like where the track's going, I'm always down for some pointers and criticism (constructive or otherwise) from folks with real, actual skills.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    as i suspected, Delays remixes are nice

put this acapella over an old thing i made

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I managed to get hold of an acappella of "Standing In The Way Of Control" by The Gossip, which I've been messing around with on and off over the last week or so. I got asked to play some records at a friend's barbecue last weekend, so I knocked off a really rough pass of this remix, and tried it out. Since it got a fairly favourable response, I thought I'd throw it up here.

I know I shouldn't make excuses for the quality, and I should get my shit sounding right before posting it up here, but I ought to point out that I only used a verse of the acappella just to see if the track worked with it, and the drums have got way too much compression on them (blame my shitty speakers). Nevertheless, while I like where the track's going, I'm always down for some pointers and criticism (constructive or otherwise) from folks with real, actual skills.

Thanks for this. You're in Europa right? Are these guys getting shine over there?

Thanks for this. You're in Europa right? Are these guys getting shine over there?

Fuck, yeah - just a bit. The Soulwax mix of this has been the hipster/indie-kid club smash of the last 18 months over here, and Beth Ditto's been embraced as a poster girl for size-zero refuseniks everywhere. She's even got a weekly advice column in the Guardian. They've struggled to follow this up somewhat, but there's a good Black Ghosts mix of "Listen Up" doing the rounds which is worth checking.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Fuck, yeah - just a bit. The Soulwax mix of this has been the hipster/indie-kid club smash of the last 18 months over here, and Beth Ditto's been embraced as a poster girl for size-zero refuseniks everywhere. She's even got a weekly advice column in the Guardian. They've struggled to follow this up somewhat, but there's a good Black Ghosts mix of "Listen Up" doing the rounds which is worth checking.

If you got any of this stuff, please post it up. They're from my hood but I've yet to get out and see them. My friend, who did see them, says they're a bit of a one trick pony.

If you got any of this stuff, please post it up. They're from my hood but I've yet to get out and see them. My friend, who did see them, says they're a bit of a one trick pony.

Well, some folks over here are saying similar things, to be honest. They seem to have divided people - some folks ride for them, and others are taking the one-trick-pony line. I can see both points, but it'll be interesting to see where they take it from here either way. I heard they recently did a deal with Sony, but I'm not entirely sure about the details. One of the girls at work has the album, I think, so I'll try and throw it up when I get a moment.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Nicole Willis & the Soul Investigators - Lovin This Music (Doc Delay Disco Edit)

is this still available? I can't seem to get it to work?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    the nicole willis:

ayo technology williams brothers remix::

i need an acapella for that. can someone please help me out?

• autoauto 198 Posts
    culo remix

• mr.brettmr.brett 678 Posts

http://www.zshare.net/audio/32545894463822/

found it on lowbee. Let me know if you want a wav... i just got it off oink.

• the nicole willis:

ayo technology williams brothers remix::

dope, the nicole willis is