O'Reilly vs. Nas

soul_lurkersoul_lurker 99 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
I really loathe O'Reilly, but i wondered if anyone posted this:

please discuss.

Comments

• "Naz" ?????

• how bout renaming this post nas' rap sheet?
    ya get me, holla!

• 1219197712191977 323 Posts
    O'Reilly is the epitome of

• ooops! or just lazy
    thanks

i don't remember nas' gun conviction but i think its an interesting discussion, plus i gotta wonder what Nas would perform besides .......i know i can

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Um, I think he actually has a point here. If a significant number of students and faculty don't think it's appropriate and not the right time, then that's that.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    dumbasses writing editorials about how they don't want a rapper performing alongside dave matthews band != significant amount of students protesting

dumbasses writing editorials about how they don't want a rapper performing alongside dave matthews band != significant amount of students protesting

Rap is not Dave Mathews.

Rap to most people is about drugs and money and bitches and guns and money. You rarely see an indifference for it. People either hate it or love it for the same reasons. You gotta respect the fact that people have become sensitive after a mass campus murder.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    uhh what?

The same people that disapprove of rap in general, are gonna be more likely to find Nas performing at VT as inappropriate.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    that really has nothing to do with what i said. i just said that just because there's an editorial does not mean it's popular opinion.

that really has nothing to do with what i said. i just said that just because there's an editorial does not mean it's popular opinion.

Yea, but it just proves that there are dissenters and those that are genuinely bothered by a rapper coming to campus after a campus shooting. You gotta respect that, if anything for the friends and family of the victims. Not just on some "Naw fuck that, Nas ain't the same as Mobb Deep or the Game. We just want a good rap performance!".

• i nominate KRS-ONE

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    i nominate KRS-ONE

Thats funny! Is that the journalist that Kris was saying he wanted to kick dudes ass?

• O'Reilly's a big dude. He has to have 30lbs on him.