Rotary Connection: Help With MP3's

Art_FormArt_Form 188 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
I just found out how good this group is so I am considering buying their CD's, plus I love Minnie Ripperton. Does anyone have any MP3 downloads, or sites that I could go to to listen to them?

Comments

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    MP3s and CDs? No vinyls left in Cuba?

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    I just found out how good this group is so I am considering buying their CD's, plus I love Minnie Ripperton. Does anyone have any MP3 downloads, or sites that I could go to to listen to them?

If you 'love Minnie Riperton,' it shouldn't be too much of a leap to Rotary Connection and buying those classic Charles Stepney productions blind - there are CD reissues both from the UK and Australia for Rotary Connection material as well as good value Dutch 2-fers of Minnie's solo material... Guaranteed no look upon 1st listen...

• Art_FormArt_Form 188 Posts
    Nnnnnnnnno. This is a "closed" base. All my music I get is online. Especially when I go to the navy exchange here and they have a very limited selection. New Releases: Will Smith "Lost and Found"

I copped Minnie Ripperton's Best of CD back in like 96. The song that's got me buzzin is "The Black Gold of The Sun". I need that MP3 right about now! That song sounds angelic.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Yo man, sounds like you could use some help.

I have lots of that stuff, some already on .mp3, hit with a PM.

Could someone just post a MP3 link to the thread for Rotary Connection song "I Am the Black Gold of the Sun" for me? I've been trying to find it online for the past hour.

• wholewheatwholewheat 437 Posts
    Dude, do you have Soulseek? You should be able to find that song with ease on there.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    If he is on a base then there may not be any peer to peer....

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Yo, out of curiosity, what are doing at Guantanamo?

That's true. Our access is VERY limited that's why I need help here.

I am a Navy Gunner's Mate First Class. Here I conduct training with small arms for military personnel stationed here and support of JTF forces (Joint Task Force).

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I copped Minnie Ripperton's Best of CD back in like 96. The song that's got me buzzin is "The Black Gold of The Sun". I need that MP3 right about now! That song sounds angelic.

Rotary Connection - The Black Gold Of The Sun

Thankx Drewn! Definately getting the Rotary Connection feat Minnie Riperton CD.
    RIP Minnie!

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Also gotta give props to M's rendition of Les Fleurs... and to Ramsey Lewis too.

• RafaRafa 25 Posts
    I am a Navy Gunner's Mate First Class. Here I conduct training with small arms for military personnel stationed here and support of JTF forces (Joint Task Force).

How goes the torture of the arabs?

I can neither confirm nor deny... wait, I deny. I make it a point not to even go near the camps. I'll stick to the aquatic part of the armed forces...

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    If your main reason for buying Rotary Connection albums is because Minnie Riperton is a member, know that she doesn't get any leads at all on the first self-titled LP. She's in the background on that one. Don't get me wrong, it's a very good album, but there's not enough Minnie to go around there. Just a heads-up. She's more prominent on the other albums.

Well I'll be buying the combination CD that came out in 1998. It says Rotary Connection feat. Minnie Riperton. It has like two albums Hey Love and some other one, but it looks good.

• RafaRafa 25 Posts
    I can neither confirm nor deny... wait, I deny. I make it a point not to even go near the camps. I'll stick to the aquatic part of the armed forces...

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/agency/dod/jtf-160.htm