A question for Belson

Egbert_SouseEgbert_Souse 920 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Do you ever go to these so-called "British Pubs" and if so, are they like the real thing or do you sit there thinking "This is lame." Or is it like the Jungle Cruise at disneyland, where its kinda fun, but you never actually feel like you are really in the jungle and also the animals are fake.

Comments

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    I went to the Kings Head in Santa Monica at 6am to take in a Rugby 6 Nations game.....and that was enough for me. The guinness was OK and the full English brekkie was cool too, but the place was full of, well....muppets, really. Everybody sounded English, but everybody sounded like they came from Peckham - 'Cor blimey guv', fancy a game of arrows?'........once was enough. Decor OK but not really English.

O'Briens Irish Bar just down the street from me though....killer bangers and mash, as well as a proper Shepherds pie.....and none of that 'me ol' cock sparrow' bullcrap. Not much effort on making it look English though.

And the Cock and Bull pub where they have the Soulside event - not so much a pub than a bar. Clearly run by English as they have no concept of air conditioning.

Other than O'Briens, I avoid 'em if possible.....but the British and Dominion Club in Garden Grove where they had a couple of Northern Soul events, was the closest thing I've seen to proper UK working mens club.

Next time you're in LA, call me up and we'll hit the town for the full English experience.

• HELL YES.

That would be awesome.

There was an "Irish Pub" in korea called O'Kims. Seriously.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    HELL YES.

That would be awesome.

There was an "Irish Pub" in korea called O'Kims. Seriously.

Ahaha - doowit. We'll pubcrawl the UK way.