Names of Deceased Rap Artists

Art_FormArt_Form 188 Posts
edited June 2005 in Music Talk
Besides Notorious B.I.G. and Tupac Shakur who else do you know of that has died? I have been trying to locate a full list of those that have left us in this Life.

Comments

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    subroc, big l, big pun, eazy-e, odb, charizma, poetic, mac dre ... all I can think of right now... sadly theres more.

• Jam Master Jay

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Besides Notorious B.I.G. and Tupac Shakur who else do you know of that has died? I have been trying to locate a full list of those that have left us in this Life.

• Art_FormArt_Form 188 Posts
    Word. What happened to Charizma? I'm going to say that he was, shot?

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts

I've never seen Scott La Rock's face except for that pic on KRS-1's table in the beginning of the video "My Philosophy". Of course I won't be seeing much more of his pictures anyway because he's dead.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    mausberg

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    freeky tah

soulja slim

• Hit by a car, same as Subroc. Didn't one of the Nonce guys also die that way? Weird how only undie rappers seem to die that way.

Other Yay rappers who died: Coughnut, Black C, Plan B.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    MC Trouble

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Cowboy Trouble T-roy, Last Child (local dude who was ILL)

• Mister Cee
    Charisma

• The Cowboy reference reminded me of two others lost to aids:

Eazy E
    Sugar Shaft of X-Clan

Not DJ Mister Cee is it? Big Daddy Kane's DJ?

• Mister Cee from the RBL posse.

I remember MC Trouble... she looked like one of my many female cousins. She died from a heart attack from an epileptic seizure.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    yep... right as she was beginning to actually make some headway with her career...

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    Texas related:
    DJ Screw
    Fat Pat
    Big Mello
    Mystic of 3rd Dimension
    Saahir of Epatomed

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Not really rap, but didn't half of Bodycount got wiped away by cancer and guns ?

• anasarcasmanasarcasm 365 Posts
    yusef afloat from the nonce
    dj rob one

kinda morbid list of deceased musicians

• AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts
    Word. What happened to Charizma? I'm going to say that he was, shot?

Peanut Butter Wolf once told me that Charizma fought back in an attempted car jacking and lost.

So sad indeed.

Also let's not forget the Human Beat Box r.i.p.

Damn... "rather die on my feet than live on my knees" - Vast Aire. I should have asked for pics in this post too. Better to match the face than the name for me. Good with faces, terrible with names.

• RisingsonRisingson 696 Posts

not exactly a rap artist but still a hip hop legend

Paul C

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    I thought this was quite kool:

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    King Tubby[/b] who invented the dubbing process that was popularized by rappers, was murdered in 1989 when he was 58 years old.

Rapper Michael Menson[/b], of the group Double Trouble died in 1989 at age 29 when a gang soaked him in gasoline and set him afire. Double Trouble had a hit that same year titled ???Street Tuff.???

MC Rock[/b], rapper with The Almighty RSO, was stabbed to death in 1990 at roughly age 28.

Trouble T-Roy (Troy Dixon)[/b], rapper with Heavy D and the Boyz, fell off a balcony after a concert in 1990 at age 22.

Brandon Mitchell[/b], rapper with Wreckx-N-Effect, was shot to death in 1990 at about age 20 during an argument over a woman.

Charizma[/b], rapper with Peanut Butter Wolf, was shot to death in 1993 at age 20.

Deah Dame[/b], rapper with Damian Dame, died in a car crash in 1994 at age 35.

Mr. Cee[/b], rapper with R.B.L. Posse (Ruthless By Law), was murdered in 1995.

Tupac Shakur (2Pac)[/b], a gangsta rap superstar, was shot to death in 1996 at age 25.

Rapper Seagram Miller[/b] was shot to death in Oakland, California, in August 1996. He was 26.

Notorious B.I.G.[/b], gangsta rap star, was shot to death in 1997 at age 24. This was only three years after the release of his successful album ???Ready to Die.??? This album was filled with cursing, violence, and immorality. One cut was titled ???Suicidal Thoughts,??? and Notorious B.I.G. sang, ???When I die, -----, I wanna go to hell.???

Fat Pat (Patrick Hawkins)[/b], rapper who recorded immoral songs, was shot to death in 1998 at age 26.

Luis ???Papo??? Deschamps[/b], rapper with Sandy y Papo, died in a car crash in 1999 at age 23.

Malcolm Howard,[/b] rapper with 4 Black Faces, was shot to death execution style in 1999 at roughly age 30.

MC Big L (Lamont Coleman)[/b], rapper with Diggin??? In the Crates Crew, was shot to death outside his home in 1999 at age 23.

Rapper MC Ant[/b] was shot to death in 1999 at roughly age 35.

Matthew Roberts of Blaggers I.T.A.[/b] died in February 2000 at age 36 of drug related causes.

Q-Don (Raeneal Quann)[/b], rapper, was shot to death outside a Philadelphia nightclub in April 2000 at roughly age 30.

Yusef Afloat Muhammad[/b], rapper with The Nonce, was found dead alongside a Los Angeles freeway in May 2000 at roughly age 28.

Bruce Mayfield (aka Chip Banks and Bankie)[/b], rapper with The American Cream Team, was shot to death over a money dispute in November 2000 at age 30.

Lloyd ???Mooseman??? Roberts,[/b] rapper who worked with Iggy Pop, Ice-T, and Body Count, died in a drive by shooting in February 2001 at roughly age 28.

Prince Ital Joe[/b], reggae and rapper who worked with Tupac and Snoop Dogg, died in a car crash in May 2001 at age 37 or 38.

Tonnie Sheppard[/b], rapper and cousin of rapper Haf-A-Mil, was stabbed to death in a recording studio during a fight with studio executives in May 2001 at age 38 or 39.

Coughnut[/b], rapper with Ill Mannered Posse, died in a car crash in October 2001.

Lisa ???Left Eye??? Lopes[/b], singer with rap group TLC, died in a car crash in April 2002 at age 30. A few days before her own death, Lisa had hit and killed a 10-year-old boy with her car in Honduras.

Jam Master Jay[/b], rapper with the popular group Run-DMC, was shot to death in his recording studio in October 2002 at age 37 by an unknown assailant. This is the latest in a long string of violence associated with rappers, who produce a style of music that is infamously violent in nature (though Jam Master Jay himself was more positive than most).

In November 2003, Anthony ???Wolf??? Jones,???[/b] 38-year-old former bodyguard for ???P. Diddy??? Combs, was shot to death in a gunfight outside an Atlanta nightclub. $7,000 was found on Jones??? body. Jones and Combs had been acquitted of gun possession and bribery charges stemming from a 1999 shooting inside a New York nightclub.

In December 2003, federal prosecutor Jonathan Luna[/b] was gunned down during the trial of rapper Deon Lionnel Smith, who was accused of running a violent drug ring.

Rapper Juston Potts (nicknamed ???Kanyva???) murdered his promoter[/b] on June 7, 2004, because ???she told him he didn???t have the talent to sell records??? (???Aspiring rapper arrested in killing,??? San Francisco Chronicle, June 8, 2004).

Good lookin out Mr. Lee! Anybody got any more pics?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Mercury from the Force MCS, who later became the Force MDs. Seminal Cassette Era HipHOP group. Many Crews would harmonize, but they stepped the game up cause these cats could blow. If you can find the Cold Crush 4 vs. The Force Mcs('83), you witness how the females in the crowd reacted when the Force started singin'.
    They beat the hell out of the Cold Crush. For me, this battle was one of the first examples of how a Hip Hop crew with R&B leanings could show up a crew who rocked traditionally. Check their sick routines. A real peek of what was on the horizon.

R.I.P. MERCURY

Freaky Tah from the Lost Boyz - was shot outside a club in NY
    Bigga B - Wu-Tang Clan bodyguard, shot (?)
    MC Hood (feat. on "What's the Scenario RMX" A Tribe Called Quest) - I have no idea how he died. A little help is needed on this one.