People who speak with a fake british accent

124»

Comments

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

when my cousins baker's dozens were in town, they got a LOT of attention from the ladies birds because of their accents.

Say, this is easy!

baker's dozens? i've never heard that one.
    is it offensive to call a brit a lobster-back? my bakers donens didn't even know what it means so i'm guessing no

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    [color:green] I find it impossible to fake a british accent [/color]

[color: red}I could fake it as long as I am there...after hearing that dialect all day, I could rip off a fairly convincing one, when I was vacationing there a couple of years back...it never got to the place where I was talking like that all the time ala 1980's-era Tina Turner, though...for the hell of it, I'd use it on people I'd ask for directions, but if I'd had a full-on conversation with them, I'd lapse back into my usual American way of talking pretty quickly.[/color]

Radical new quoting style?
    [color:purple] Everytime I go to Scribble Jam I acquire a quasi-Ohio accent after a few days, does that count?
    [/color]

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    There is for sure a certain LOTR-style fantasy contingent that speaks in a faux british accent IRL. I first noticed its usage by a clerk selling movies at Suncoast a few years back. I'd Google search a funny image to punctuate this story with if I weren't feeling lazy right now

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    A piece of total class from one of the UK's best ever comedy shows;

This is the bollocks.

On a related note, hot girls with country-as-shit Southern accents -

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts

This is the bollocks.

It's a fine line:

This is bollocks = bad
    This is the dog's bollocks = good

I'm not sure I've ever heard a Brit say "This is the bollocks". Sounds American to me, innit?